Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by maoshouse View Post
    i'm pretty sure a computer's maximum current output at its usb port is only 0.5 amps. therefore you can't charge your touchpad?
    Lol if I'm telling you it works, it does, believe me! I don't know about the theory but it does work in practice. Though much slower than with the AC adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by maoshouse View Post
    I still don't think battery capacity has anything to current supplied to the usb port. it seems like the touchpad needs a minimum of 2 amps to charge (pre charger) right?
    I think if you don't get the 2 amps, the TouchPad is gently telling you that it is more reliably recharged using the AC adapter. But not that it won't charge at all.
    Ugh, I let my TP remain on last night and it's now dead. How long do you need to charge it before you can turn it on and use it while it charges?

Thanks in advance, and for all the other great help you guys dish out for everyone.
    Using Govnah you can tell the Touchstone does not charge as fast as direct plug into USB.

On my OC 1.8 w/ Phantom:
    -Via Touchstone: 650mA
    -Via direct USB: 1200mA

So roughly twice as fast w/ USB.

YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomdilbert View Post
    Using Govnah you can tell the Touchstone does not charge as fast as direct plug into USB.

On my OC 1.8 w/ Phantom:
    -Via Touchstone: 650mA
    -Via direct USB: 1200mA
    -Via Laptop: 375mA if the touchpad has the screen turned off (-375 otherwise )
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12