1.    #1  
    Hi has anyone had issues downloading attachments from their school Black Board accounts. I need to use my touchpad primary for school and am pretty much stuck without being able to download class documents. Any ideas?
    I had the exact same problem today when I went to download syllabis! Definitely need an answer please!
    I have the same problem :P tried it with a powerpoint file and a pdf file
    my file downloads but doesn't open with openoffice hd
    i have this same issue.

problem is its downloading the "pdf" file but it downloads the generated link.

for example, any download that is like this... website.com/filegenerator.php?download=hereismypdf.pdf

it saves filegenerator.php

whereas any smart browser would save hereismypdf.pdf
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    For a minute I thought there was an app like on ios, was about to get excited.
    yup. Very annoying.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    there is a bb learn app for the pre - & it's free as long as your school allows mobile BB access. May want to contact developer to make an updated app for the TP. I have Angel @ my school & it loads & downloads with out a hitch ? BB & Angel have merged so I don't know what is what in their integration, but did a google search & it seems that schools that are really behind in updating their version have these problems... Hope that points you in the right direction ?
    my school has mobile bb app
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Can you save it as a pdf file to box.net than view via adobe reader or quick office? Make sure the file name has .pdf at the end. I don't know if that is required, but works for me on some things I do.
    I have the same problem. I know it seems to save the file /where?/ and /what name?/ but it can't open it. Tried the mobile app by Auburn doesn't support it.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Download the Blackboard app from the App Catalog. It's called Mobile Learn, you should be able to download your docs. The app runs in th emulator window but it should work.
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Can you save it as a pdf file to box.net than view via adobe reader or quick office? Make sure the file name has .pdf at the end. I don't know if that is required, but works for me on some things I do.
    The problem is it doesn't allow you to give it a name, there is no dialog menu, it opens the download tab and is already named. But the download doesn't produce a usable file. This has been a weakness of the WebOS browser since day one.

Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    The problem is it doesn't allow you to give it a name, there is no dialog menu, it opens the download tab and is already named. But the download doesn't produce a usable file. This has been a weakness of the WebOS browser since day one.
    You could use a file manager to rename the file after it is downloaded.

See http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3116288
    Download Mobile Learn, it's the official Blackboard app. It should allow you to download files.
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    You could use a file manager to rename the file after it is downloaded.

See http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3116288
    Got gemini, but can't find the downloaded file.

Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    Download Mobile Learn, it's the official Blackboard app. It should allow you to download files.
    Each Univ has to support that app. Auburn doesn't.

So as of now, there is no solution that doesn't require a computer to help [EG: download it to dropbox on my laptop.

When I try to download a pdf from blackboard, all that happens is that panel on the right comes up with the name of the file and a "download" button. I press that button, and it flashes the download bar, then returns to say the name of the file and the download button. It doesn't download the file. This sucks.
    ~~~BUMP~~~

Same problem...anybody got a suggestion that doesn't involve an app that only supports schools who've paid for a license, i.e. "Mobile Learn"
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    have you disabled the default cache. There's a thread on here about it. Then try the download. If it is working, but a file name comes up as not a PDF or whatever- open Internalz Pro and rename the file including the extentsion... May work? I've found some sites this will work for, it really all just depends on how the site download handler initiates the transfer.
    there's a homebrew patch that fixes this!

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...red-sites.html

it now works perfect for me!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.