Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  1.    #1  
    Are you using the same Synergy accounts? Just curious since I know some folks have setup multiple TouchPads on the same profile. One of the 16 gigs we got will get my wifes profile, not sure what I am doing with the 2 extras sitting at home yet...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Both my gf's and my TouchPad are under the same profile. I went to accounts and deleted all mine, ie gmail, facebook, etc. She entered all her accounts and have no issues. If she were to buy an app and leave a review, it will show up as my name.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Are you using the same Synergy accounts? Just curious since I know some folks have setup multiple TouchPads on the same profile. One of the 16 gigs we got will get my wifes profile, not sure what I am doing with the 2 extras sitting at home yet...
    my wife has a 16gb and I a 32gb both same profile
    I was able to buy and put apps on both for one price
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Both my gf's and my TouchPad are under the same profile. I went to accounts and deleted all mine, ie gmail, facebook, etc. She entered all her accounts and have no issues. If she were to buy an app and leave a review, it will show up as my name.
    Thanks guys, really thinking about putting the wifes on her own profile to support the dev community. I am wondering what doing above does with the profile backup in the cloud.

Sledge, did you leave the auto backup on or turn it off? My contacts and calendar are all non HP/Palm cloud backups so I don't need the profile backup to keep these items synced...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I wonder what happens if you try to restore from the profile you share if you deleted all the other accounts on it...

it may look ok now but the problem arises if you restore back from your profile. Did you turn off the backup?
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I didn't think about that to be honest, I guess I left it on. I just checked her contacts list and none of my contacts are mixed in with hers.

Currently her TouchPad is more of an exhibition picture frame more than anything, I almost feel bad about getting double apps, but considering the amount she uses them....little to none.... I'm not losing too much sleep over it.

Maybe she'll change her habits one day, but she's hooked on some Facebook game that requires her to use Firefox plugins...so she mainly uses her PC, for now.
    bluenote likes this.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    you have TWO EXTRA TouchPads???
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    I wonder what happens if you try to restore from the profile you share if you deleted all the other accounts on it...

it may look ok now but the problem arises if you restore back from your profile. Did you turn off the backup?
    I haven't turned it off, maybe I should? I've doctored the original twice now since having 2 devices with no adverse effects, noticed anyway. I've checked my contacts and don't see any of hers in there. I just thought they would be separated by the device serial number somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post

I think it's the last device that was on is backed up. I have 2 and chatted about this and a couple other things with support. Apps are tied to a account not the device. I'm going to set up a second account so they each have their own backup.
    device backups are seperate.

i have 4 (had demo devices before) under my account and it shows 4 different touchpad backups when i sign in to my account.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    I also have multiple TouchPads under my profile and everything is working perfectly but I have a question. If I buy an app on my Touchpad, how can I send the app to the other touchpads so that it syncs over the air? I have extra apps on my touchpad (I bought these after setting up the other touchpads). The other touchpads only have the apps that were synced when the profile was first set up.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Is this multiple TP stuff documented somewhere?

I have a Pixi Plus with orders in for a 32GB TB for myself and two 16GB units for family members. It would be great if I would purchase all the apps under one profile and have of us with their own personality.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by kdabest9 View Post
    I also have multiple TouchPads under my profile and everything is working perfectly but I have a question. If I buy an app on my Touchpad, how can I send the app to the other touchpads so that it syncs over the air? I have extra apps on my touchpad (I bought these after setting up the other touchpads). The other touchpads only have the apps that were synced when the profile was first set up.
    You have to go to the catalog and download it. Since you've already purchased it, you won't have to purchase it again.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    you have TWO EXTRA TouchPads???
    Yeah 3 were delivered yesterday due to cancelled orders that didn't ship and what not.

Technically I only have 1 extra now, selling one to a coworker today at my cost.