1.    #1  
    how do I arrange browser bookmarks the way I like it?
    (or just alphabetically)

I can add and delete them, but can't seem to figure out
    how to move them up/down...

Any help appreciated!
    As of now, I don't think you can do anything with bookmarks except add or delete. It sucks.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    As of now, I don't think you can do anything with bookmarks except add or delete. It sucks.
    I'm a Touchpad newbie and I've already added way too many browser bookmarks...
    Guess I'll have to delete some to make it more manageable.

Come to think of it, I'll just put up a page on my own website with all my bookmarks.
    All I have to do is visit that page and click on the bookmarks.
    You can put some of your bookmarks on your homepage also. BTW, I'm a TP newbie also. :P
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraW View Post
    (or just alphabetically)

Any help appreciated!
    get awesome browser
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    get awesome browser
    what's that?
    I've heard of advanced browser but not awesome? The advanced browser is just a reskinned default browser so I'll wait for something better.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    advanced browser has tab support also
    I find it easier to just add bookmarks to the launcher(favorites). Hit the home button to bring up the launcher and all my favorites are there. You can arrange them however you want.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    When you add to the launcher (favorites tab) it creates it's own icon image. Which is typically just a screen shot of the upper left hand corner of the webpage.

Does anyone know how to customize this image or are we stuck with the default image?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frohoss View Post
    When you add to the launcher (favorites tab) it creates it's own icon image. Which is typically just a screen shot of the upper left hand corner of the webpage.

Does anyone know how to customize this image or are we stuck with the default image?
    Yeah I'd like to meet the engineer who thought that one up. You would think that they would have used the websites' icon like most normal people would do. Its little things like this throughout this OS that make me think of the words Linux and unpolished. If this was a polished OS there would be icons and you would be given the chance to rename the favorites. Just sayin
    Last edited by Ohmytvc15; 08/29/2011 at 03:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmytvc15 View Post
    Yeah I'd like to meet the engineer who thought that one up. You would think that they would have used the websites' icon like most normal people would do. Its little things like this throughout this OS that make me think of the words Linux and unpolished. If this was a polished OS there would be icons and you would be given the chance to rename the favorites. Just sayin
    Actually you can edit the bookmark name... just click on the "i" icon to the right of the bookmark. Then, in the popup window that appears, just click on the name field or the URL field to rename your bookmark.

The icon is a problem though. The ability to customize the icon exists in all previous versions of webOS, but HP probably left it out of webOS 3.0, which is a complete rewrite of the OS. Yes it's annoying. I, too, hope that they get to these little things that makes the experience feel "polished."
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraW View Post
    (or just alphabetically)

Any help appreciated!
    make a list on paper of how you want them organized
    add them from bottom to top
    delete them all and repeat process anytime you need to add another one
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I was gonna get Advanced Browser but the reviews said some things that sound crappy such as it goes full screen covering the status bar at the top and no way to make it NOT do that. T here was something else too that sounded horrible but can't remember what, did they fix those yet?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I wish they made it similar to the pre browser setup. The one on there now feels a bit unfinished, but I'd imagine that will def change in time.