Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I last week received my HP touchpad that I was luckily able to get online. The touchpad works great except when I do a "check system for updates" it says there is 3.0.2 68 available. I download the update and then a window says system is up to date. The touchpad does not restart or even ask to. I do a check system updates again and it still says the system is 3.0.0 and there is an 3.0.2 upgrade available.

To make sure that the system is still on 3.0 I went to device information and sure enough it is 3.0.0. Is there a way to manually force the 3.0.2 upgrade or a different way to apply the update instead of over Wifi?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    You just have to do it over and over until it's completed.

Try doing it at off hours. I finally got it done when I started it around 4 in the morning. The whole process took about 30 minutes.
    First, perform a restart if you've not already done so. That should load the new version if it was successfully installed in the first place.

With all the other new users potentially clogging up HP's update server, you may next want to consider performing a WebOS-Doctor update from your PC to the Touchpad. That worked a treat for me a few weeks ago. Search these forums for info/instructions.

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I will try in the off hours Newcron. thank you

I have performed several restarts on the touchpad. I will look into the WebOS-Doctor for my touchpad and see if that will help me out more. Thank you for the info daslimpet.
    it took me over a week to get mine updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by HckrAdm2005 View Post
    I last week received my HP touchpad that I was luckily able to get online. The touchpad works great except when I do a "check system for updates" it says there is 3.0.2 68 available. I download the update and then a window says system is up to date. The touchpad does not restart or even ask to. I do a check system updates again and it still says the system is 3.0.0 and there is an 3.0.2 upgrade available.

To make sure that the system is still on 3.0 I went to device information and sure enough it is 3.0.0. Is there a way to manually force the 3.0.2 upgrade or a different way to apply the update instead of over Wifi?
    I finally got mine to update early Sunday morning. Over 3 days it took about 6 tries. Maybe because people weren't up at 6am Sunday it worked? :-)

There is a way to manually do the update... it's on this forum but I'm not sure where.
    read the sticky intro guide. There is a direct link to the update in there. It is much easier to do. I had the same problem.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Thank you Pandorazboxx I have a tendency to over look those initial sticky's :P