Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. z26
    z26 is offline
    z26's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
       #1  
    I am new to WebOS and the Touchpad. I intsalled Preware but really dont know what to do with it. What apps do you suggest I look to install? Can I install any app from the Preware app or do I need to hook the TP to my desktop?

    Thanks and LOVE the site!
  2. #2  
    Everything available from Preware can be installed directly without your desktop PC involved.
  3. #3  
    look under the "patch" section.. there you will find some items that will speed up your pad.. just read the descriptions..

    also look up under the hp app catalog KalemSoft media player for playing various movie formats
  4. z26
    z26 is offline
    z26's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
       #4  
    Thanks peps. I have already bought the KalemSoft media player and it works great. I didnt want the format all my .AVI movies. Its worth the 6 bucks. On the preware apps, I just want some suggestions on what apps that everyone has had good luck with. I want to overclock to 1.5 but is it save? What app is it? What other ones are good? I read about a app that will boost volume.
  5. #5  
    Check into this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

    He references another thread "My HP Touchpad seems to be running so fast!" as well.

    Good luck!
  6. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by z26 View Post
    Thanks peps. I have already bought the KalemSoft media player and it works great. I didnt want the format all my .AVI movies. Its worth the 6 bucks. On the preware apps, I just want some suggestions on what apps that everyone has had good luck with. I want to overclock to 1.5 but is it save? What app is it? What other ones are good? I read about a app that will boost volume.
    Overclocking is safe. In Preware, go to Available Packages, then to Kernel, then to Stable, then download Uberkernel. Also download Govnah from Preware. In Govnah, change the Profile to On DemandTd 1512.

    You are then over clocked to 1.5GHz on demand. It is safe.

    If you want to go above 1.5GHz, you have to get in to the testing feeds. I haven't done it, but plenty have. Those are in Alpha testing I believe unlike the stable 1.5 GHz.

    Please donate to the webOS Internal team.
  7. z26
    z26 is offline
    z26's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Overclocking is safe. In Preware, go to Available Packages, then to Kernel, then to Stable, then download Uberkernel. Also download Govnah from Preware. In Govnah, change the Profile to On DemandTd 1512.

    You are then over clocked to 1.5GHz on demand. It is safe.

    If you want to go above 1.5GHz, you have to get in to the testing feeds. I haven't done it, but plenty have. Those are in Alpha testing I believe unlike the stable 1.5 GHz.

    Please donate to the webOS Internal team.

    Thanks for the info. Its excactly what I am looking for! Any other apps I should look into?
  8. z26
    z26 is offline
    z26's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
       #8  
    What preware apps is everybody else using now?
  9. #9  
    So far, im pretty much using it for Patches. See the above link for Getting Started.

    As far as preware Apps, it really depends on what you are looking for. Read the descriptions and go from there. The possibilities are endless
  10. #10  
    Thanks Mike5!!!

    Just did the overclock to 1.5ghz on mine. I thought it was substantially faster after the preware and patches, but its much faster now with the overclock applied. Definitely noticeable!
  11. z26
    z26 is offline
    z26's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolluva View Post
    Thanks Mike5!!!

    Just did the overclock to 1.5ghz on mine. I thought it was substantially faster after the preware and patches, but its much faster now with the overclock applied. Definitely noticeable!
    which prepare patches are you using?
  12. #12  
    I would say most of the apps in preware are for the phone. I installed couple of games and found they were for the phone so I deleted them.
  13. #13  
    I keep seeing references to removing the touch ripple. Does this really make a noticeable difference in performance? It doesn't seem that it would but folks seem to swear by it.

    I haven't done it because I sort of like the visual cue and don't want to hassle with "unpatching" it if it's not going to make a real difference.

    Edit: It's easier to remove than I gave it credit for, but I'm still interested in opinions.

Posting Permissions