1.    #1  
    Is it worth is to pay $99 for 2-year warranty with accidental damage coverage on $99 16GB Touchpad?

I just got that quote from SquareTrade. For some strange reason, it keeps giving me the
    same quote. Using $499, it came back as $99 for 2 years. Using $99(the price that
    I actually paid for the Touchpad, it als came back as $99.

Isn't it pointless to buy a warranty in the first place? I'm thinking the best warranty
    is to spend $99 and try to find another Touchpad as back-up, no?
    If it covers screen scratches, I'd say yes and don't put on a screen protector! I don't know why but manufacturers are charging upwards of $25 for screen protectors. That's just highway robbery!
    I see your logic and that's one way of looking at it. But, keep in mind that the TPs are not readily available @ $99. If you could walk in to any retailer and buy one for $99, then certainly not, the coverage plan would be ridiculous. Since you can't... well that's up to you to decide.

All that said, I'm not one to buy extended warranty or coverage plans of this nature. So, I likely won't be getting it for my TP.
    Last edited by FONdude; 08/29/2011 at 12:33 PM.
    not worth, nobody wouldmake more TP's anyway and they will be outdated soon and no one would want it
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Personally I would say NO.
    I would just go buy another one. But then again that's just me.

Laptop, Desktop, Tablet, iPad, iPhone and PDA/Smartphone Insurance and Warranty from Safeware quoted me $27.50 for the $99 tablet for 3 years.
    If anything... I'd go with that.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Completely useless as far as I can tell. They won't be able get you a replacement, so what would you get in return for any claim? Some prorated amount of money? At most it would be for the full amount, so unless you're the insurer, that's a horrendous deal.

Buying a second TouchPad (if you can find one) would be the far better investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraW View Post
    Is it worth is to pay $99 for 2-year warranty with accidental damage coverage on $99 16GB Touchpad?

I just got that quote from SquareTrade. For some strange reason, it keeps giving me the
    same quote. Using $499, it came back as $99 for 2 years. Using $99(the price that
    I actually paid for the Touchpad, it als came back as $99.

Isn't it pointless to buy a warranty in the first place? I'm thinking the best warranty
    is to spend $99 and try to find another Touchpad as back-up, no?
    Hey man i bought warranty for my 32gb $150 from them for 30 dollars after using a coupon with drops and spills for 3 years. You have to go under miscellaneous and then electronics. I had to called and they said theres a limit of cost under tablets and told me to do that.
    If you've recently purchased an HP TouchPad, our enhanced support package -- the ADP (Accidental Damage Protection) Care Pack -- is now available at a lower price. A one-year Care Pack now costs $49 (down from $79) in the U.S. & Canada, and includes extended phone support and coverage for accidental damage in addition to the standard hardware warranty. (Similar reductions are now in effect in France, Germany, Ireland, and the UK.)

http://blog.palm.com/palm/2011/08/ac...ductions-.html
    Last edited by db_white; 08/29/2011 at 12:06 PM. Reason: trackback not appearing
  9. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Not worth it IMO...
    Follow Me On Twitter: www.twitter.com/YaBoiD
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Staples offered me the extended coverage package including extended warranty and breakage for the low, low price of only $169. I respectfully declined.
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by db_white View Post
    If you've recently purchased an HP TouchPad, our enhanced support package -- the ADP (Accidental Damage Protection) Care Pack -- is now available at a lower price. A one-year Care Pack now costs $49 (down from $79) in the U.S. & Canada, and includes extended phone support and coverage for accidental damage in addition to the standard hardware warranty. (Similar reductions are now in effect in France, Germany, Ireland, and the UK.)

The Official HP Palm Blog: Accidents happen -- and so do price reductions!
    If I new there was a strong possibility that HP could replace the unit (rather than just reimburse me), this might be attractive as I like webOS and would like to use it as long as feasible. So I guess the appeal of this for me would be dictated by knowing whether HP is holding onto a decent amount of inventory to cover warranties/extended warranties.
    If I bought the HP TP at minimum $399 price point, then I would consider squaretrade. I've used them before for a pair of Beats Studio headphones. FYI, those headphones are crap. I paid $30 for the warranty using discounts and when they broke, squaretrade gave me the amount I paid for the headphones.
    HP Touchpad 16GB