Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By iboost79
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I know TONS of us are in the same boat here, so I am not crying "oh whoa is me". I don't need my Touchpad, it is simply an extra luxury. That being said I would likr to see it soon.
    What I find completely pathetic is that a full 8 days after placing my order HP can't tell me anything about the status of the order. I work for a distribution company in customer service and going 8 days without an answer on status is UNHREARD of, it is completely unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by reeper55 View Post
    I know TONS of us are in the same boat here, so I am not crying "oh whoa is me". I don't need my Touchpad, it is simply an extra luxury. That being said I would likr to see it soon.
    What I find completely pathetic is that a full 8 days after placing my order HP can't tell me anything about the status of the order. I work for a distribution company in customer service and going 8 days without an answer on status is UNHREARD of, it is completely unacceptable.
    There needs to be an unlike button in these threads. I'm sick of people complaining about the operations or logistics of a company during the TP firesale. Look, no one wanted a TP at regular price. No one wanted it at $100 off. But when HP decided to practically give it away, people went apes--t. Sure, HP could have limited sales to 1 per customer so that everyone could get one, but HP didn't even want their TP at $99.

I had B&N hold onto my credit card funds for over a week now. They cancelled my order the day after I placed it. I should be ****ed, but I know that B&N was bombarded with orders, just like everyone else. This firesale is probably worse than any Black Friday sale I've ever witnessed. So, be patient because HP probably didn't hire more people just for this firesale.

What if your boss dumped 10,000 assignments on you? Would you be motivated to work 16-hour days? Probably not unless you're in investment banking.
    LOL.. If it were a normal sale, I'd agree with you, but its a 'fire sale, (clearance sale) and nothing is guaranteed. Many of us have had our orders canceled a few days after placing them. Consider yourself lucky it looks like yours will still be filled.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    LOL.. If it were a normal sale, I'd agree with you, but its a 'fire sale, (clearance sale) and nothing is guaranteed. Many of us have had our orders canceled a few days after placing them. Consider yourself lucky it looks like yours will still be filled.
    Better yet the hundreds of posts I had to read at slick deals about "Giving up" and being poor and they should be first in line yada yada yada

Yeah sorry this is first come first serve even Bill Gates ( well HP probably give him one) would have trouble getting one
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    iboost - Your not getting my point. I am not ape**** nor am I expecting that the touchpad should have shipped next day. My point is that after 8 days HP has no information to give. I am ok with them telling me that my order will ship on September 22nd, that is how distribution and customer service is supposed to work.
    It is a glaring sign of weakness for a company of this size.
    Yeah. I see your point. That's a long time with no response, fire sale or not. I'm assuming they got buried under the load but you'd think things would be clearing soon. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    REEper55 we are trying to tell you that
    1. HP is losing money
    2. HP is not set up for over 200,000 orders of ONE product to individual consumers
    3, HP sells other products and is not going to dedicate a larger force to just a money losing firesale product

be happy you could get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by reeper55 View Post
    I work for a distribution company in customer service and going 8 days without an answer on status is UNHREARD of, it is completely unacceptable.
    Why don't you show them that you mean BUSINESS, and cancel your order. The customer is always right, and by cancelling your order it will prove your point that its completely unacceptable.

Seriously though, buy one on craigslist if you want it right now. It was a fire sale where everyone bombarded HP... be glad your order hasn't been cancelled yet.