Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kkhanmd
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I have a new TP and am getting a second. Is there some way to transfer apps from one to another? Same with going to a veer.

A related question is where are apps saved to? If I had to wipe the device and reinstall (which I may need to at some point if I want to change the app catalog country or some catastrophic failure) I would want to be able to save all the apps so I don't have to download them all again.

any help would be much appreciated.

Greg
    You can login to your same profile on several TouchPads, every one will receive your applications when logging in.

The saved information can be backed up and restored with "save/restore" from Preware

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    thanks. But that still means all that data will have to be downloaded to each TP which seems a waste when I've already done it once nd it's all presumably sitting somewhere on my device already?
    you should still use the same profile, otherwise developers can be shortchanged if people learn how to transfer apps from on TP to another running different profiles.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.