1.    #1  
    I am trying to get webos Quick install to work, but it wont load with the touchpad connected to the computer. If its not connected it will load, say connect device but nothing happens, is there a step I have overlooked somewhere? THanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jkbond76 View Post
    I am trying to get webos Quick install to work, but it wont load with the touchpad connected to the computer. If its not connected it will load, say connect device but nothing happens, is there a step I have overlooked somewhere? THanks
    if you are sure your not connecting the touchpad as a mass storage device (i.e remember to close the popup on the touchpad when you connect via USB) then it depends what OS your running webos quick install from.

I had problems installing from my MacBook pro running Lion however I followed the instructions on this site to install the webos SDK (available from HP) first which installs the novacom driver correctly. Once I added the SDK; webos quick install worked first time.

not sure if the SDK will resolve your problems on a windows machine but may be worth a shot. You could also try doing a reboot of the touchpad once the novacom driver is installed as well.
    I am having same issues,this worked last night but today when I try to connect I am just getting that circle on screen as if it is loading but never does. Restarted computer and is doing same thing.
    First thing to check (and I always forget this myself) - Is Developer Mode turned on?
    I'm having same issues....yes...developer mode is definitely turned on.
    Hi, I'm having the same problem.

Developer mode is on and WebOS quick install will 'freeze' when anything is clicked (such as the globe) or will not start (stays on green splash pic).

I've updated my Java to latest version and tried on Vista and Windows 7. Get same on both.

So it will start once, freeze, needs to be closed through taskbar and then won't start again but stay on green splash screen.

My touchpad came with 3.0.2

Thanks.
    Last edited by tifonet; 09/04/2011 at 08:57 AM.
    Having the same issue.
    Brand new touchpad updated
    developer mode on, forced a restart
    current java...checked
    run...installed, can't find device.

Help?
    Please search through the official WOSQI thread as those problems have all me mentioned and addressed. Or, even easier, check out the official WOSQI Homebrew Guide, which includes an interactive problem troubleshooter.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook