Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mike5
  1.    #1  
    I have 2 cards opened only, yet when I try to open another card (photo album), webOS tells me to close out come cards as I have maxed out already.
    The only cards I have opened are:
    1. Pandora streaming music in browser
    2. Another browser card (not stacked with pandora) just surfing the internet

Why is this happening?

Your help would be appreciated!
    When was the last time you reset your touchpad? Webos has in the past had issues where it doesn't properly clear the memory after apps are closed, which over time can lead to the issue you're seeing. Best bet in the past was always just to turn the device off and on again.
    This was happening to me after some extensive game playing. A reboot fixed it.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Yep some apps dont clear out the memory and clogs the system. I had it happen when I opened Audobon and then the Robotek game. Fixed when I shut down and restarted.
    Curious if a Luna restart would suffice in this situation as it's much faster to do.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Curious if a Luna restart would suffice in this situation as it's much faster to do.
    Luna restart should do it as well, its always worked for me.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    How do we do a Luna restart on TouchPad?
    mdavis113 likes this.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I usually launch Preware and tap the top left options menu to get to Luna Manager. Then tap Restart Luna.

There are other ways but I don't recall which are available on the TP.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Found it...
    Reboot your TouchPad | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    "As a last resort, if you have a frozen device or are unable to use one of the steps above, you can press the device's home button and power button together for about 15 seconds to perform a hard reboot. This is the closest equivilent to doing a battery pull on phones."
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis113 View Post
    Found it...
    Reboot your TouchPad | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    "As a last resort, if you have a frozen device or are unable to use one of the steps above, you can press the device's home button and power button together for about 15 seconds to perform a hard reboot. This is the closest equivilent to doing a battery pull on phones."
    Yes, but that's not the same as a quicker, Luna restart. MicahDG describes the Luna restart.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    You can also download the Advanced Restart Options (I forget the actual name) from preware, which will give you more options when you hold down the power button - including Luna Restart
    preware.....advanced reset options, install it and after a reboot hahaha when you hold down the power button you will have some further reset options including luna reset
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!