Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    My battery drained in like 3 hours of use from full to 30% with some sporadic USB charging
    during, all I was doing was installing the preware apps/tweaks and it was oc'd to 1.5 for the last half of that..also when plugged in battery reached 41 degrees Celsius, higher than the 38ish I've seen people concerned about..does 1.5 really drain battery this much? I was under the impression the processor was underclocked to begin with, and am looking for insight and suggestions on how to keep the battery chugging longer..I didn't do the first few full cycles many do, I thought lithium batteries didn't have a memory effect, but this may be proof I was wrong
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    get Xecutah, Xserver and Xterm from the testing feeds.

Launch Xecutah.
    Launch XServer from Xecutah.
    Go back to Xecutah
    Launch Xterm go back to Xserver
    you are now in a linux shell.

type "top" and hit enter.
    lunasysmgr, xsdl, hide, and websysmgr are the top 4 majority of the time
  3.    #3  
    I'm pretty concerned, the battery pull hits -1000 when I'm just playing music or light browsing, and lasts 4 hours total
    I don't know if that is normal. Mine is OC'd to 1.5 and I'm at 30% after light to medium use and it was fully charged about 24 hours ago.
  5.    #5  
    I know its not normal, I'm asking for help to fix it
  6.    #6  
    idle draw is 700, I thought it was supposed to be 565 with 1.5ghz oc? Even on 1.2 its 650....
    I am not overclocked, but I don't have draw anywhere near that.

Did you just change govnah settings or did you install factory kernel? I would install the factory kernel to take that out of the trouble shooting and stay with the factory kernel until you can track down what is causing your draw.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8.    #8  
    I'm running uberkernel, what do I have to do to get back to factory?
    Last edited by Synthes; 08/29/2011 at 02:46 PM.
  9.    #9  
    bumpalicious, uninstalled uberkernel and draw with nothing but govnah open after a restart is still 630-700
    Last edited by Synthes; 08/29/2011 at 03:17 PM.
  10.    #10  
    41 degrees Celsius when I have a single internet tab open, seriously what's going on? Is there a task manager I can get to see what is draining?

e: using jstop I got the battery down to 600 idle deleting the phone, messaging, etc stuffing wasn't using..why are they open in the first place?
    Last edited by Synthes; 08/29/2011 at 03:42 PM.
    How does brightness affect your power use?
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthes View Post
    41 degrees Celsius when I have a single internet tab open, seriously what's going on? Is there a task manager I can get to see what is draining?
    get Xecutah, Xserver and Xterm from the testing feeds.

Launch Xecutah.
    Launch XServer from Xecutah.
    Go back to Xecutah
    Launch Xterm go back to Xserver
    you are now in a linux shell.

type "top" and hit enter.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidVogt View Post
    How does brightness affect your power use?
    don't know HOW, but it does, turn up to 100% and watch it soar

also mize, pardon but I'm relatively new at this where are the testing feeds?
    don't know HOW, but it does, turn up to 100% and watch it soar

also mize, pardon but I'm relatively new at this where are the testing feeds?
    What I meant was, what are your readings for power draw on minimum and maximum brightness? At max brightness my Touchpad also hits 1000.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Testing feeds are on Preware. Since you have uberkernel you probably have them already?

Read this:
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  16.    #16  
    What I meant was, what are your readings for power draw on minimum and maximum brightness? At max brightness my Touchpad also hits 1000.
    minimum doing absolutely nothing is 600, max is over 1000,I'm around 25% for regular use
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Testing feeds are on Preware. Since you have uberkernel you probably have them already?

Read this:
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    ah, I had uninstalled uber to see if the oc was the culprit although don't think feed has been added regardless, I'll add feeds and test that now
  18.    #18  
    lunasysmgr,webappmgr,xsdl, and hidd are at top majority of the time when I'm not doing anything but watching it
    minimum doing absolutely nothing is 600, max is over 1000,I'm around 25% for regular use
    That's exactly in line with my readings running UberKernel. Then again, I also have pretty poor battery life.
  20.    #20  
    That's exactly in line with my readings running UberKernel. Then again, I also have pretty poor battery life.
    that was without uberkernel, though uber doesn't seem to have a big effect on battery draw anyways
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast