Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    the ultimate goal is a multi-boot functional that allows the user to boot CM7, WebOS, and/or a variety of other OSes concurrently. The current build is based on Gingerbread 2.3.5.
    RootzWiki - EXCLUSIVE: CyanogenMod 7 On the HP TouchPad
    ap3604, howi and jfoster193 like this.
    I feel like a store owner who's getting looted and can't do anything about it.
    Awesome! They are going for dual boot too. I expected this take months, not anymore and cm7 will be awesome build of android. Love that this has attracted these top development teams from android.

Webos users can try android without losing webOS
    zappcatt likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    [url= - EXCLUSIVE: CyanogenMod 7 On the HP TouchPad[/url]
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    If only Honeycomb was open source lol still pretty cool though. Once they get the touchpad to dual boot i'll put cm7 on it, but i do have to say being a long time android user webos is pretty awesome
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    I feel like a store owner who's discontinued legacy product just doubled in value.
    zappcatt and gtkansan like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    I feel like a store owner who's discontinued legacy product just doubled in value.
    It's 2 tablets for the price of one highly discounted tablet! Woohoo!!
    Great, we need honeycomb though, and would be awesome x10

I noticed that the drivers are still not ported like battery charging and wifi, etc..

Would be great when they get that dump from the qualcomm android tablet on ebay and copy all the driver files
    Last edited by limitbreak; 08/28/2011 at 11:23 PM.
    welp i'm hard
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    And the thieves are stealing your buggy whips and leaving you a car.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Exciting times for us TP users..... Exciting times indeed.....
    can't wait to play this game on the TP

I don't get what the big deal is? Has anyone used Cyanogenmod 7 lately...yikes that's a complicated OS. I guess dual boot would help, since otherwise this update is useless to most if not all TouchPad users who are happy with what we already have.

Either way, I'm happy they're making progress since motivation is the key to making TouchPads last forever. Sorli...
    I have little to no interest in current Android Tablets when compared to webOS but if development and support cease on webos I can see the advantages of having a dual boot solution so that I can get some hot new functionality down the road.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dnguyen1988 View Post
    If only Honeycomb was open source lol still pretty cool though. Once they get the touchpad to dual boot i'll put cm7 on it, but i do have to say being a long time android user webos is pretty awesome
    totally agree! Coming from Ios then android I am completely in love with webos. Btw I have cyanogenmod on my evo and I've had it on a tablet as well. Webos is way better in my opinion. I would however love to be able to dual boot the touchpad just so that I could have access to all the apps that I have bought.
    Excellent! I love webOS now (avid Android user), and am keeping it on my 32GB TouchPad, but I have a brand new 16GB still sitting in the box just waiting for this to be perfected.

Of course, if it dual boots, and doesn't take away from the functionality of either OS or the TouchPad itself, I'll probably load it up on my 32GB as well. Best of both worlds.

Way to go Team Cyanogenmod!
    dual booting will help take advantage of both app markets :-)
    Will this was my hope and it looks like Android Homebrew is also keying in full-force to keep the best of both world. I could see using both, but not losing webOS or my TP original focus. Hopefully they keep this in sight and I'm glad to hear webOS Homebrew community helping make it happen. Great job and keep up the GREAT WORK! Sorli...
    a Dual Boot option would be great. I really like webOS but hey, if I can get android working on here and it doesn't take away from the webOS greatness, why not add the access to extra app's and anything else that android can bring to the table?

personally, i'd say its best of both worlds; you can play in webOS all day but still jump into android if you're bored and want to monkey with something different
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts View Post
    Awesome! They are going for dual boot too. I expected this take months, not anymore and cm7 will be awesome build of android. Love that this has attracted these top development teams from android.

Webos users can try android without losing webOS
    Getting it to boot was the easy part. They're still a long ways off.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast