Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For some reason, I can't get the Touchpad to view my Exchange calendar. My emails seem to work very well, but my Calendar is blank. I've tried removing and adding it back in multiple times, to no avail. I even tried using <domain>\<username> for my username but that didn't work either. Gmail calendar syncs fine, just not Exchange.

Also, my Palm Pre Plus running 1.4.5 syncs with my Exchange calendar just fine.

Anyone have any suggestions?
  2.    #2  
    One more thing to add - even though I do not see appointments, it actually does grab the title of my calendars from Exchange, so I can see it's doing something.

Any thoughts?
    Exchange setup (for my Hotmail acct) has been the most reliable calendar set up for me (I moved my calendar from Gmail to Hotmail to sync via Exchange b/c of the headaches with Gmail calendar syncing). Have you tried tapping on the calendar names where they appear in the upper left to toggle them off and on to see if they show? I don't have any better suggestions, sorry.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoRed View Post
    Exchange setup (for my Hotmail acct) has been the most reliable calendar set up for me (I moved my calendar from Gmail to Hotmail to sync via Exchange b/c of the headaches with Gmail calendar syncing). Have you tried tapping on the calendar names where they appear in the upper left to toggle them off and on to see if they show? I don't have any better suggestions, sorry.
    Thanks for the reply!

I've tried toggling the switches, but that didn't seem to work either.

The Exchange server I'm connecting to is not MSN, but my employer's Exchange Server. It works just fine on my Pre Plus, so I know it's working, but for some reason the Touchpad just won't display my calendar items, despite showing the name of the calendars on the top left of the main calendar view.

I can't imagine I'm the only one with this problem. Is anyone using a Microsoft Exchange Server (not MSN) that is working?
    I dont have exchange, just tried adding hotmail and that doesnot work. Is exchange only though work?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    just tried adding hotmail and that doesnot work
    There's a workaround for hotmail that I came across in the forums. You have to manually enter some info in for it to work. Unfortunately MSN works fine, but not work Exchange.

Here is the thread for the MSN Exchange http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3111886

Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Is exchange only though work?
    yes.

Racking my brains on this one... I wish there was a way to debug mail problems in the TP. I'm also not even able to accept self-signed certificates for email or browsing. Painful!
    Last edited by sf_basilix; 08/29/2011 at 09:56 AM.
    I realize you said you deleted and added the calendar account multiple times, but have you tried completely removing the exchange account and then re-adding it? The reason I ask is when I logged in to my palm profile it added all of my previous accounts and I had the same thing happen as you are describing. My exchange e-mail worked fine, but my calendar did not. The only way I could get it to work was to completely remove the exchange account via the e-mail app and then re-add it (via the e-mail app) and then everything worked.

Sorry if you already tried this just wanted to relate what I had happen to see if it helps.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_JH View Post
    I realize you said you deleted and added the calendar account multiple times, but have you tried completely removing the exchange account and then re-adding it? The reason I ask is when I logged in to my palm profile it added all of my previous accounts and I had the same thing happen as you are describing. My exchange e-mail worked fine, but my calendar did not. The only way I could get it to work was to completely remove the exchange account via the e-mail app and then re-add it (via the e-mail app) and then everything worked.

Sorry if you already tried this just wanted to relate what I had happen to see if it helps.
    I appreciate any feedback - thanks!

I did actually remove it but I think I will try it once more since you seemed to have success with it using Palm's profile. I will repost as soon as I do this. (I'll even reboot to make sure it's completely gone)
    I had the same problem. We are not using hotmail. Its a in the office exchange server. Email works find but the calender does not.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by randalldreynolds View Post
    I had the same problem. We are not using hotmail. Its a in the office exchange server. Email works find but the calender does not.
    Thanks Randall! So at least I know I'm not going crazy. Do you at least see your calendar in the Touchpad top left section of the screen?
  11.    #11  
    OK - here's another interesting find. I was able to ADD a calendar appointment to my Exchange calendar and it worked as I can see it on my Outlook client, but for some reason the Touchpad will not download or sync any existing calendar appointments!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    When you look at your email accounts, does your work/Exchange account have the Orangish Outlook icon? If not, then you aren't really using EAS. I had the same thing happen to me where only my email was being "synced", but not my contacts or my calendar. I had to manually enter all my exchange information for the mail. Then, I used domain\username format to set up the calendar manually. Then everything began to sync. I also had to install my company's Certificate, as it is a self-signed one.
    calendar really sucks for hotmail, gmail calendar also sucks, but hotmail calendar sucks more than gmail calendar
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Neitzl View Post
    I also had to install my company's Certificate, as it is a self-signed one.
    How were you able to download this certificate? I found where to install it, but I can't figure out how to obtain it.

I tried opening the URL for my company's exchange server in internet explorer, but that just fails as an invalid website.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Neitzl View Post
    When you look at your email accounts, does your work/Exchange account have the Orangish Outlook icon? If not, then you aren't really using EAS.
    I don't see this - can you take a screenshot and post it so I can confirm I'm looking in the right place?

I do see a yellow mail envelope with a clock in front of it - is that what you're referring to?
  16.    #16  
    well, I tried just about everything. I've removed and added it in about 10 times, each time with the same results. I can see the name of the calendar on the top left and can create new calendar items, but I cannot see any appointments that were already created on the Exchange server. I am not sure what else to do?

does anyone know where the logging for sync is? I'd love to go through it and see what's happening and check for errors....
    did you tell me about using m.hotmail.com instead of hotmail.com? try that maybe that wouldhelp, a manual setup w m.hotmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    well, I tried just about everything. I've removed and added it in about 10 times, each time with the same results. I can see the name of the calendar on the top left and can create new calendar items, but I cannot see any appointments that were already created on the Exchange server. I am not sure what else to do?

does anyone know where the logging for sync is? I'd love to go through it and see what's happening and check for errors....
    same thing i get
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I've only had my TP for 2 days and just noticed that my exchange is not syncing either.

Who is your exchange host?
    Ours is Sherweb (ihostexchange.net).
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I figured it out.

Go into menu item "Preferences and Accounts"
    Tap on <Your Exchange Server Account>
    Enter "Manual Setup"
    In the "Server" name field, take out the "https://"

Example:
    Mine was showing "https://webmail.ihostexchange.net"
    I changed it to just "webmail.ihostexchange.net"

I had this problem with other devices that want to access Exchange. It must be automatically inserting the https:\\ so essentially we have it in there twice.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast