1.    #1  
    So I wanted to post a help topic for Exchange but couldn't log in using my touchpad, so I'm back at my PC writing this.

Is there a bug with the precentral.net site? I've only been able to log in twice using my touchpad - every time since then, I log in - it validates my credentials - then just puts me back on the page I was viewing, as if I wasn't logged in.

Not sure if it's my touchpad or precentral.net. My touchpad was recently doctored to 3.0.2. I have only a few preware patches (some selective ones from the guideline thread that's sticky in this forum) to help speed things up.

Anyone else having this issue?
    It was a little finicky for me the first time I logged in. I don't remember exactly what it was doing but I believe it behaved similarly to how it is for you. I believe after quitting the browser and opening it again it worked correctly. I haven't tried logging out and trying to log back in though; I set it to remember my credentials.

Also, this isn't the only site on which I have cookie issues.
    Same thing happened to me here and on another site (reddit.) Just click a link to a thread or something then it should show you as logged in.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomsauce View Post
    Same thing happened to me here and on another site (reddit.) Just click a link to a thread or something then it should show you as logged in.
    ^This. After logging in it looks like you're not logged in, but hit Today's Posts, and you should see yourself logged in.
    Last edited by sledge007; 08/28/2011 at 09:44 PM.
  5.    #5  
    thanks all - that seemed to work.

This site is really hopping lately. I just posted this thread and I couldn't find it anymore. Glad someone was able to grab it before it rolled way down off the list.
    Login worked OK, but the search function definitely does NOT work on precentral in the TP browser. timeout error??
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Login worked OK, but the search function definitely does NOT work on precentral in the TP browser. timeout error??
    When you click on Search, Click on Advanced Search and enter your search queries there. Works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    It's working fine for me.
    I was getting into a redirect loop. After I logged in, I got a message about redirecting and then got into infinite loop. I had to go to another web page to get out of the loop.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    So I wanted to post a help topic for Exchange but couldn't log in using my touchpad, so I'm back at my PC writing this.

Is there a bug with the precentral.net site? I've only been able to log in twice using my touchpad - every time since then, I log in - it validates my credentials - then just puts me back on the page I was viewing, as if I wasn't logged in.

Not sure if it's my touchpad or precentral.net. My touchpad was recently doctored to 3.0.2. I have only a few preware patches (some selective ones from the guideline thread that's sticky in this forum) to help speed things up.

Anyone else having this issue?
    Using Advanced browser and no problems but one site is buggy, another, it flashes sometimes and loops then I hit reload serval times and it loads finally

I have no idea what the problem is right now
    I still cannot login to Precentral forums from my touchpad..well I can then it forget me. I can never post a reply or anything...I was able to once..Is this a result of any of the patches Ive installed from preware? Whats the deal?

I didn't but a Touchpad to have to run back to my room to make a post....frustrated..
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    It was explained in another thread that it's due to caching. You sign in, and get directed back to the page you were on. but since you were already there once it pulls the cached page, which has you logged out. Just go to a new link or page in the forum and it will have you signed in.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkmade View Post
    I still cannot login to Precentral forums from my touchpad..well I can then it forget me. I can never post a reply or anything...I was able to once..Is this a result of any of the patches Ive installed from preware? Whats the deal?

I didn't but a Touchpad to have to run back to my room to make a post....frustrated..
    Ad Blocker or Max blocker messed up it up for me I removed them and everything works so much better with browsing

Ads are important LOL
    Was just about to post about same issue. It keeps going back to the forum after logging in and I am not logged in. I am posting this from my Android phone. I also was being looped when I tried a different time.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    When you click on Search, Click on Advanced Search and enter your search queries there. Works well.
    Yes, it works as a way around the problem, but the problem is still there for the search box on this site, and similar pop-up boxes on other sites too. Is it a fault in the browser that it can't handle this feature?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stanw View Post
    Was just about to post about same issue. It keeps going back to the forum after logging in and I am not logged in. I am posting this from my Android phone. I also was being looped when I tried a different time.
    It's likely that you are logged in on the Touchpad.

However, the caching is downright terrible on the Touchpad and you seem to not be logged in because the browser is loading the saved version - you need to hit refresh to make it load the page and you should be logged in.

And as you browse you'll have to keep refreshing to get to the latest version of the page you're on.