1.    #1  
    can someone tell me how to close out of programs when I am done using them? I dont see anyway to close out of them...thank you so much!
    Try sliding up the card of the program
    flick the card up towards the top of the screen or pull the card down towards the bottom and watch it fly away
    It's worth reading the gesture guide that came with the TouchPad.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. Not everybody is an advanced user and some people forget that they were noobs once too.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Home button and sliding the finger over the screen one end to the other quickly

Also if you install a Pre program ( it will be in a smaller screen) the light bar on one end works, you can tap it close.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buttrfly0216 View Post
    can someone tell me how to close out of programs when I am done using them? I dont see anyway to close out of them...thank you so much!
    Others have mentioned this of course, but you can just flick them up off of your screen and they will close. What wasn't mentions is that depending on what apps they are, you might be better off just leaving them open. That way instead of hunting for your browser or e-mail next time and having to reopen them all over again you can just flick left or right and there they are.

Additionally if you find yourself using the same apps together (e-mail + browser or messaging + e-mail or facebook + photos) you can drag those cards into card stacks and have them easily within reach the next time you need them.
    I'm in awe how incredibly patient the people on this board is...
    we are very passionate about webOS, which is your new addiction!
    This is why I love this community. We have the most patience of all OS communities and we realize that people do not know the basics of navigating through webOS. Even if that means something as simple as closing an app. My brother didn't know how to close them either until I showed him how easy it was. He was pretty amazed. Everyone here is helpful and it has showed the past couple of years.

I've been a member since July 2009 and even though I don't post I still like reading everyday. I spend most of my time reading and researching. Its paid off too.