Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I see that a lot of the time the TP will bring up a website with old info, especially on message boards. Any way to make it always update a site when it opens it?
    I would love to know of a way (be it patch, or something else) to do exactly this. On a full computer in a regular browser you can up and down navigate throughout a forum (or other website) and see any new posts/ threads, on the touchpad you have to refresh a page manually to see any new data (sometimes it refreshes automatically and displays the white circling loading icon, after that it will display new data)

I'm sure a patch could be written, but I don't have the knowledge of how to do that...
    Tablet PC: HP 2730p [all the goodies: 2 slice batteries, slim dock, Intel X18-m 160GB, 8GB ram, ect...] | Toshiba Tecra M4 [Crucial M4 64GB SSD, 2GB ram, ect...]
    entertainment tablet: HP touchpad 32GB -sold it, it just doesn't cut the mustard-
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Yeah, this browser is in need of refinement...ya can't even reorder favorites???? Strange. They need to throw in with Firefox, or even Microsoft and get a more refined browser.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Awesome browser (2.99) has some cool features I paid for it hoping the money will lead to updates
    yes this is frustrating. Is this not a problem for all users? Those who don't have this problem help us
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    Awesome browser (2.99) has some cool features I paid for it hoping the money will lead to updates
    Does it automatically update the pages you visit or does it use the cache like the the native browser?
    I love Nerdy Girls.
    Oh... I should totally follow this BAMF www.twitter.com/demiroquai
    Quote Originally Posted by Demiroquai View Post
    Does it automatically update the pages you visit or does it use the cache like the the native browser?
    Tried using it to login to forums seeing if it would refresh the main page and show me logged in, where the normal web browser always make me refresh to show logged in. Awesome Browser seems to be mostly a GUI touch-up on the browser.

Anyways I tried it and it didn't automatically refresh and grab a new page. It served the page up from the cache, showing me not logged in. So no luck on that.

Also this could probably be hacked by someone who is more knowledgeable. If the page was simply requested more often.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    this is starting to drive me nuts. For example, browsing precentral forums. If I hit the back button to back out of this thread, I'd expect that the forum wouldn't be refreshed. But if I touch the link 'HP Touchpad', it should refresh the page. Any basic browser does this.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Same thing here. Really inexcusable in a $600 tablet.
    I guess we just have to hit refresh over and over
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Or keep our fingers crossed that:

a) HP puts a real browser on the Touchpad
    b) they allow Google/Microsoft/Mozilla/anybody to put their browser on the Touchpad
    c) they update the browser and make it actually function like a browser should

As it stands now, with the exception of Flash, my Windows Phone 7 has a browser that is more capable than the Touchpad.