Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I installed ubuntu on my TP when I first got it and it was nice to have, however I don't really use it anymore. Is there anyway of uninstalling ubuntu and deleting the ext3 parition so I can recover that used memory?

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by simon_lefisch View Post
    I installed ubuntu on my TP when I first got it and it was nice to have, however I don't really use it anymore. Is there anyway of uninstalling ubuntu and deleting the ext3 parition so I can recover that used memory?

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Make sure you are backed up and then run web-Dr. Similarly to how you ran meta-Dr when you installed Ubuntu in the first place.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MordechaiNisa View Post
    Make sure you are backed up and then run web-Dr. Similarly to how you ran meta-Dr when you installed Ubuntu in the first place.
    Will I still be able to install preware/uberkernel and OC my TP?

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by simon_lefisch View Post
    Will I still be able to install preware/uberkernel and OC my TP?

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Yes, you will definitely be able to overclock.
  5. #5  
    use save/restore in the prepare feed. Its a way to back up some apps and settings.
  6. #6  
    I just removed it today by webOS Doctor, and back overclocked.
  7. #7  
    Just doctoring isn't enough to remove the ext3 partition. I don't have the link offhand but there is a guide to removing it. Look around webOS internals
  8.    #8  
    I think I was able to remove the partition and aquire the memory that was used for ubuntu, I just don't remember how much available memory the TP comes with out of the box. I have a 16GB TP and need to know under device info what the available memory is. After I reflashed webdoctor, after removing partition, I have 13.3GB available memory without installing apps and the like. Is this what it should be? Can anyone confirm? Is this the right amount of memory that should be left after the OS and it peripherals are installed?

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  9. viper3two's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #9  
    My wife's is showing 13.5. I have the 32gb and it shows 29.5 free with nothing on it. So it looks like 2.5gb on either pad is being used by the os, but to me that seems like alot for a light os. Not sure if that is right or not as I loaded ubuntu also, and wiped it using webdoctor like you did. Does anybody know the exact amount of freespace for 16gb and 32gb out of the box?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by viper3two View Post
    My wife's is showing 13.5. I have the 32gb and it shows 29.5 free with nothing on it. So it looks like 2.5gb on either pad is being used by the os, but to me that seems like alot for a light os. Not sure if that is right or not as I loaded ubuntu also, and wiped it using webdoctor like you did. Does anybody know the exact amount of freespace for 16gb and 32gb out of the box?
    Well if your wifes is brand new out of the box then that must be it. I can understand the OS being so big since its for a larger component (tablet vs phone) and needing more drivers/etc for the OS to run properly. I just wanted to make sure I aquired the right amount of memory after deleting the partion and reflashing webos. Thanks for the response.

    If anyone else can confirm both findings that would be appreciated

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Just doctoring isn't enough to remove the ext3 partition. I don't have the link offhand but there is a guide to removing it. Look around webOS internals
    Quote Originally Posted by simon_lefisch View Post
    I think I was able to remove the partition and aquire the memory that was used for ubuntu, I just don't remember how much available memory the TP comes with out of the box. I have a 16GB TP and need to know under device info what the available memory is. After I reflashed webdoctor, after removing partition, I have 13.3GB available memory without installing apps and the like. Is this what it should be? Can anyone confirm? Is this the right amount of memory that should be left after the OS and it peripherals are installed?

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by simon_lefisch View Post
    Well if your wifes is brand new out of the box then that must be it. I can understand the OS being so big since its for a larger component (tablet vs phone) and needing more drivers/etc for the OS to run properly. I just wanted to make sure I aquired the right amount of memory after deleting the partion and reflashing webos. Thanks for the response.

    If anyone else can confirm both findings that would be appreciated

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Guide to removing the partition: gadgetXplorer: #webOS: How to remove EXT3FS partition
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nburnes View Post
    Already used that process, thanks. What I'm trying to figure out is did I acquire the correct amount of memory back after deleting the partition using that method. Bi went from 9.5GB to 13.3GB. Seems like I did it correctly, but just want to make sure.

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  13. viper3two's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #13  
    I did that same remove partition as well when I did mine. I think your space is fine, but it would be nice if somebody would really confirm this. I did a google search and came up with nothing but if I find something I will post it..
    Oh and the wifes is brand new she hasnt loaded anything as far as I know. 13.5gb.
  14. #14  
    I tried the steps to remove and only have 11.3 GB on my 16 GB with nothing installed.
    EDIT

    After fiddling around with it and having no idea how I got back to 13.2 GB. *whew*

    I followed the remove guide then re-ran webOS doctor.
    Last edited by Gunnyman; 09/03/2011 at 09:17 PM.
  15. KCIsaac's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #15  
    I'm attempting that method, and when I attempt to unmount the store-media partition, it keeps saying it's busy.
    how do free it up to be unmounted?
    Last edited by KCIsaac; 09/03/2011 at 09:32 PM.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by KCIsaac View Post
    I'm attempting that method, and when I attempt to unmount the store-media partition, it keeps saying it's busy.
    I had that too reboot your touchpad and try again. It worked for me on a fresh boot
  17. KCIsaac's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #17  
    Alright, I unmounted it successfully after reboot!
    But how I do I know what to type for the resizefat command as for # of K's?

    EDIT:
    I winged it and typed in the biggest number I saw and then doctored.
    I am now back 29.4 GB's! Yes!
    Last edited by KCIsaac; 09/03/2011 at 10:40 PM.
    mangledlftthumb likes this.
  18.    #18  
    @KC sorry for not responding to your PM, been a little busy.

    Looks like we're all back at about 2.5GB for the OS. Im glad it worked out for everyone

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by viper3two View Post
    I did that same remove partition as well when I did mine. I think your space is fine, but it would be nice if somebody would really confirm this. I did a google search and came up with nothing but if I find something I will post it..
    Oh and the wifes is brand new she hasnt loaded anything as far as I know. 13.5gb.
    Awesome thanks for nlooking at the wifes tp to confirm

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  20. KCIsaac's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by simon_lefisch View Post
    @KC sorry for not responding to your PM, been a little busy.

    Looks like we're all back at about 2.5GB for the OS. Im glad it worked out for everyone

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

    It's alight, if you hadn't at least messaged me, I wouldn't have looked through your posts to find this thread.
    Thanks again!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions