Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by suikostinger View Post
    Speaking of which. Is there anyway to go back to 3.7?
    Does uninstalling and reinstalling 3.7 not work or are you just asking before trying? Is there a reason you want to go back? I ask because I'm just about to upgrade and want to make sure I should
    0.3.7, everything i play off local device is extremely out-of-sync and may be choppy, it's so out of sync, it's actually difficult to tell.

Playing same file via streaming, the quality goes down some, but it's smooth as silk and dead on sync wise.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    0.3.7, everything i play off local device is extremely out-of-sync and may be choppy, it's so out of sync, it's actually difficult to tell.

Playing same file via streaming, the quality goes down some, but it's smooth as silk and dead on sync wise.
    What are your specs? Have you done the entire Beginner's Guide tweaks on this site? Any overclock at all? Removed old versions?

If yes to all of that, can you get me a mediainfo of one or two of the files with bitrate/file size/codec/etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkim92 View Post
    I've overclocked mine to 1.7Ghz and with 0.37, tried to run 720p xvid Brrip.

However, It simply doesn't work.

It lags and skips few frames.

It plays x264 720p though..

Sad, all my movies are in 720p xvid.
    I think I am having the same problem as you. version 4.0 seems to have some problems with HD avi or xvid format. I have tried play some 720p avi format trailers and they all seems to be either out of synch or jumpy or lots of skipped frames. Can someone else verify this problem??

sample avi:
    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - XviD HD 720p Theatrical Trailer | Movies - Digital Digest
    X-Men: The Last Stand - HD Theatrical Trailer | Movies - Digital Digest
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by webkmx View Post
    I think I am having the same problem as you. version 4.0 seems to have some problems with HD avi or xvid format. I have tried play some 720p avi format trailers and they all seems to be either out of synch or jumpy or lots of skipped frames. Can someone else verify this problem??

sample avi:
    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - XviD HD 720p Theatrical Trailer | Movies - Digital Digest
    X-Men: The Last Stand - HD Theatrical Trailer | Movies - Digital Digest
    Interesting, good feedback! You might considering shooting them a message about the bugs/issues you're having so they can get them worked out. Being a new, large release at 4.0 it's not surprising there's a few problems.

KalemSoft - Live Support Solution (Powered By Help Center Live)
    Thanks morydees, do you know if they have a forum where I can report the problem?? The strange thing about this bug is that the previous version 0.3.4 actually works well with avi / xvid. (Actually, not the original 0.3.4, but the one with 0.3.7 codecs update) The brand new version 0.4.0 seems to break something so that HD avi /divx does not play as well; I suspect it is probably the new interface that's causing this problem.
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by webkmx View Post
    Thanks morydees, do you know if they have a forum where I can report the problem?? The strange thing about this bug is that the previous version 0.3.4 actually works well with avi / xvid. (Actually, not the original 0.3.4, but the one with 0.3.7 codecs update) The brand new version 0.4.0 seems to break something so that HD avi /divx does not play as well; I suspect it is probably the new interface that's causing this problem.
    As a matter of fact they do have forums. Good luck!

kalemsoft.com • Index page
    I wouldn't bother. Check the amount of threads with zero replies or input from their support staff.
    I'd log a ticket with them. I've got an issue where the player will just freeze from any time between 1-15 minutes, so there seems to be a few different issues at play here.
    I am using OTG usb micro/female adapter, powered y cable, and powered hub to mount 1TB drive on my Touchpad. I can get mp4 to playback with Internalz Pro in the standard video player in the /media/internal/usb directory that I mounted using Xecutah/XServer/XTerm with mount /dev/sda1 /media/internal/usb. However some mp4 files will not play. Is anyone tried using Kalemsoft player's with a mounted flash drive or fat 32 drive using this technique? My trial period has run out and I can not try.
    Last edited by lschroeder1947; 09/19/2011 at 10:46 AM.
    I encode my videos using the iPad profile in Handbrake. Playback from the beginning of the video works just fine for me. But when I scan to a different part of the video the playback is choppy for me. Has anyone have this problem? I use Kalemsoft media player 0.4
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    anyone test if 0.4 will play back 720p mkv under 3.0.4 without overclock? if not, don't want to update until the kernel is updated.
    Well guys for what its worth, I have not seen any difference in the new version. I have discovered on my own that the .mkv files work the best right off the net. 99 percent of the movies I have play with no issues. I got a little excited when the OP said that all formats were playing without issues. I just downloaded a BRrip 720p mp4 file and I still have playback issues. The playback seemed to slow down the speed back up like it was trying to catch up and then slow down again and speed up over and over.

I'll stick to the .mkv format until Kalemsoft gets it right.

If I am missing something or I haven't set up the player just right please let me know from those who have no playback issues with .mp4 files. By the way I did try an .avi file and that worked just fine. I seems the .mp4s are giving me problems.

Any tips or advice from experienced users are most welcome.

Thanks very much.
  13.    #153  
    I have seen multiple complaints about version 4.0 from people and while I haven't tried it myself, if you have issues you might consider dropping back to a 3.6+ version which seems to work just fine.

I also urge you to report any issues to Kalemsoft directly on their forums (posted earlier) if you haven't already. A whole new release chain is bound to have issues.

Good luck!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678