Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    ^ Just ran the updates last night! Works like a charm....I used the TP settings in HB to get under 4GB and my videos play with no issues!

Thanks OP!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    dang, im only downloading 700MB movies on to the TP, I guess i can def get 780P on here at least.

Im assuming once purchasing the softrware any updates will be free.

also does everyone elses Kalemsoft a grayscale on the touchpad, there is no color what so ever on any of the menus or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    Im assuming once purchasing the softrware any updates will be free.

I would assume so.... it's Kalemsoft, not Micro$oft.
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBoy View Post
    ^ Just ran the updates last night! Works like a charm....I used the TP settings in HB to get under 4GB and my videos play with no issues!

Thanks OP!
    Grats! Glad it worked out
    Might have to give this a try
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post
    I'm not aware of any file size limit on the stock player but I know KalemSoft will play them right up to the 4GB file limit (TouchPad FAT32 OS) and larger if streamed.
    Really? FAT32 still?? -____- Gosh I can't believe such an archaic standard with a file size limitation is still used. Yes, I am aware of the greater compatibility with FAT32 but most systems nowadays are advanced enough to accept multiple standards. Is there anyway to get this thing running NTFS or exFAT32 that can support larger single file sizes of over 4GB? That is a huge problem if I want to play my collection on the TP by loading some movies to onboard memory.

I was just considering purchasing this app as well, but after finding out this little detail, it has surely soured my day.
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by ******1337 View Post
    Really? FAT32 still?? -____- Gosh I can't believe such an archaic standard with a file size limitation is still used. Yes, I am aware of the greater compatibility with FAT32 but most systems nowadays are advanced enough to accept multiple standards. Is there anyway to get this thing running NTFS or exFAT32 that can support larger single file sizes of over 4GB? That is a huge problem if I want to play my collection on the TP by loading some movies to onboard memory.

I was just considering purchasing this app as well, but after finding out this little detail, it has surely soured my day.
    Seems like NTFS may not be a viable option. They discuss it a bit in this thread but there's no real update/current status that I know of. http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ersion-tp.html

At this point if one needs to play files that big on their TPs, streaming it is the way to go. Kalem and I hear a few others do that.
    Seems like NTFS may not be a viable option. They discuss it a bit in this thread but there's no real update/current status that I know of. http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ersion-tp.html

At this point if one needs to play files that big on their TPs, streaming it is the way to go. Kalem and I hear a few others do that.
    True...but that is not a viable option if I want it loaded on my TP so I can play it anywhere regardless of wifi availability for streaming...like on plane rides. *sigh..... =[ Well...guess I shouldn't be complaining. This is the only real flaw I've encountered so far with such a phenomenal $99 device. But still... This makes me feel better about not purchasing the 32GB version thought...lol I was thinking that could hold more movies...but now that's out the window.
    I've overclocked mine to 1.7Ghz and with 0.37, tried to run 720p xvid Brrip.

However, It simply doesn't work.

It lags and skips few frames.

It plays x264 720p though..

Sad, all my movies are in 720p xvid.
    Sucks that even the actual 0.3.7 does not support any of the subtitled anime videos I have, even though the subtitle is incorporated into one mkv file of the show.
    The funny thing is, if I go view the Info of the movie from within the app, it actually is able to show me the different audio tracks and subtitle files that exist on that one mkv file. -_________-
    I hope this gets implemented soon in the future. I want to enjoy my anime on the awesome IPS screen.

Anyone know another app that can play mkv 720p/HD files as smoothly as well as with support for multiple subtitle and audio tracks?
    Has anyone tried the new 4.0 version of KalemSoft? I've heard some good things elsewhere but one guy was having freezing issues when streaming.

I'll have to try it out myself this week.
    Might just be me but I think 4.0 is worse than the one I DLed directly from their website last week. 4.0 for my MKV movies has REALLY low FPS. I think it was 3.7 that was on the website and it played my movies brilliantly.
    I activated the beta .3.7 directly the player with paypal through kalemsoft, how do I update to the newest version
  13.    #133  
    Has anyone tried the new 4.0 version of KalemSoft? I've heard some good things elsewhere but one guy was having freezing issues when streaming.

I'll have to try it out myself this week.
    I activated the beta .3.7 directly the player with paypal through kalemsoft, how do I update to the newest version
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by stewperr View Post
    I'm not 100% sure since I haven't installed 4.0 yet but in the past I've just downloaded the .IPK directly from their site and entered the email address I used to register in the Activation section. Here's the link to their 4.0 page (in red).

KalemSoft - Products
    And again don't you need to be on the internet for this?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    i hope that cyanogenmod gives me finally 100% smooth streaming video
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOWD View Post
    And again don't you need to be on the internet for this?
    For what specifically? If you mean playing videos on KalemSoft, no you don't have to be on the internet while playing them.

And if you want to stream, you can stream from your own in-home server if you have that setup, the data coming from your own computer/server rather than the internet. But that's a whole different thing...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    i hope that cyanogenmod gives me finally 100% smooth streaming video
    ha! when's that gonna be? most likely not for a long while. and that's why i shelled out a few bucks and paid for the kalemsoft app. streams and plays 720p mkv tv shows and movies just perfect for me. using 0.3.7 btw. not gonna update to 4.0 since it seems people are having issues streaming.
    Speaking of which. Is there anyway to go back to 3.7?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast