Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 153
Like Tree13Likes
  1. #81  
    Using the UltraKernel on 3.0.2 with KalemSoft beta:

    720p MP4 file 4gb, video is smooth, audio is perfect, seeking is instant! 1.5GHZ
  2. #82  
    Also just tried the 0.3.7 and that works as well with 1.5ghz, they also added more options and changed up the bottom layout a bit
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by mihaimilk View Post
    Not sure tbh, most had an .mp4 extension and were encoded with h264 and some had AAC audio - does that help? or how would I go about determining the container?
    Interesting, so they were actual .MP4s which it shouldn't have any issue playing at all. Not sure what's going on there but it may be something else. You might try the latest version 0.3.7 which was just posted. Link on first post or last page.

    Quote Originally Posted by gxfc View Post
    spent hours reinstalling touchplay and restart TP multiple time still can't play mkv file.
    Thanks to latest kalemsoft media player 0.3.7 fixed all my mkv problem. Just 1 time install from kalem site, simple and easy.
    KalemSoft - Products
    Excellent, I hadn't noticed they put up another demo/beta! I'll add it to the first page links. Good eye
    Last edited by morydees; 08/30/2011 at 09:41 PM.
  4. gotwillk's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #84  
    omg finally. the latest version 0.3.7 did it for me. plays all my 720p mkv files perfectly!

    using latest F4 kernel clocked at 1.8ghz. tested at 1.5ghz and it also works flawlessly.
  5. dquangt's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by gotwillk View Post
    omg finally. the latest version 0.3.7 did it for me. plays all my 720p mkv files perfectly!

    using latest F4 kernel clocked at 1.8ghz. tested at 1.5ghz and it also works flawlessly.
    worked for me too. at first it was still out of sync, but after a reset and reinstall it works great. i'm on f15c@1.7ghz.

    side note, i'm so ****ed i paid for the app in the store before i read this post. wasted $7!
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by dquangt View Post
    side note, i'm so ****ed i paid for the app in the store before i read this post. wasted $7!
    Why are the $7 wasted? It seems that your video does play fine and the 0.3.7 from the webpage is a demo version - the $7 are for the activation/license - or?

    I installed the 0.3.7 over the 0.3.3 and the activation is still actived.
  7. #87  
    Hi, great thread and only wish I had found it earlier.

    So I'm OC'd on Warthog @ 1.7ghz and have Kalemsoft v0.3.7 installed on my TP.

    Some minor issues which I’m curious if anybody else is experiencing?

    1> When you click on the local files area(Top Left Button) sometimes it finds the directories and other times it does not. Takes a while to load sometimes then crashes and then other times it is quick to find the TP directory structure.
    2> When it is finally in my video folder it looks like it is listing the thumbnails or something first. Basically all my files have a underscore(_) in front of the file names and these files do not load. So I scroll down to the files which do not have the underscores in front and then am able to play the files.

    I wonder if this is just a issue on my TP?

    Thanks
  8. #88  
    Attempting to play an .AVI file with 448kbps. Sound is out of sync, an video is choppy, speeds up, then slows down. Running the stock Kernel, webos 3.0.6.xx.

    v0.3.6 I had no issues. video and sound play back was perfect. looking to install 0.3.6 if anyone has the link I would appreciate it.
  9. esqueue's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #89  
    Running 1.5 and 720 mkv files are flawless. Just waiting for subtitles and this will be more awesome.
  10. #90  
    0.3.7 is great! However, my main purpose was to use this on the road. I was Unable to play anything from my local library Without a WiFi connection. Anyone else have this issue?
  11. gotwillk's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamoji View Post
    0.3.7 is great! However, my main purpose was to use this on the road. I was Unable to play anything from my local library Without a WiFi connection. Anyone else have this issue?
    i believe this is due to the fact that the product is not activated. without activation, the player needs to do an online check before you can play local files.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by gotwillk View Post
    i believe this is due to the fact that the product is not activated. without activation, the player needs to do an online check before you can play local files.
    Great info, thanks. I haven't used mine away from home yet but planned on it for an upcoming trip. Will convert to .mp4 for those.
  13. scorneil's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by guidol View Post
    Why are the $7 wasted? It seems that your video does play fine and the 0.3.7 from the webpage is a demo version - the $7 are for the activation/license - or?

    I installed the 0.3.7 over the 0.3.3 and the activation is still actived.
    I have the same problem. 0.3.4 installed via the HP store, sideloaded 0.3.7 via preware. 0.3.7 didn't overwrite 0.3.4, I have 2 separate installations, and 0.3.7 is NOT activated.

    Kalemsoft advised to wait for the HP store to be updated. Garbage.

    Can you please advise on your installation method.
  14. #94  
    This thread is awesome. Thank you for testing morydees.

    May I ask you a favor? Could you upload your test files somewhere for us to test on our Touchpads? It would be a good benchmark to compare with your results since the files used have been proven to work.

    In my own results, I had a 1080p 8000Kbps WMV that used wmv codecs for both audio and video. It played horribly on my Touchpad. Audio would decode fine, but video was really slow. I converted the file into MPEG4 avi/mp4 8000Kbps with MP3 audio and it works fine.

    Is anyone else having issues with 1080 wmv files? I know it's not practical but it's all I had on the hard drive for a quick test this morning before heading to work.
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by scorneil View Post
    I have the same problem. 0.3.4 installed via the HP store, sideloaded 0.3.7 via preware. 0.3.7 didn't overwrite 0.3.4, I have 2 separate installations, and 0.3.7 is NOT activated.

    Kalemsoft advised to wait for the HP store to be updated. Garbage.

    Can you please advise on your installation method.
    I contacted Kalemsoft via support ticket and asked to transfer my App Catalog purchase to their site. I received a reply back asking for the receipt. WIthin 10 minutes, I received another reply that stated they have added my e-mail to their database. I was able to activate 0.3.7 from within the app.
  16.    #96  
    Wow, sounds like they are on the ball given the chaos going on with the apps/TPs. Good to hear you got it activated.

    As for uploading my test video, I'll see what I can do. I think I still have the 1080P file I tried but not the 720P.

    edit: appears I have deleted both of the sample clips I cut out As for the other video, it's probably not a good idea for me to upload that entire movie and post it here. Sorry mate! On the bright side, it sounds like KalemSoft is moving fast to get this stable and working for everyone so we wont have to rely so much on exact file containers and bitrates as much.
  17. #97  
    I think the 1080 clip should suffice. Kind of like a true test. lol
  18. scorneil's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinJN View Post
    I contacted Kalemsoft via support ticket and asked to transfer my App Catalog purchase to their site. I received a reply back asking for the receipt. WIthin 10 minutes, I received another reply that stated they have added my e-mail to their database. I was able to activate 0.3.7 from within the app.
    thanks, will try that
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinJN View Post
    I think the 1080 clip should suffice. Kind of like a true test. lol
    I can rerip out that rough section and upload it to Megaupload or something. Let me get on that.
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinJN View Post
    I think the 1080 clip should suffice. Kind of like a true test. lol
    Here you go. Almost exactly cut to the same times as the original test, at the same bitrate and settings.

    Test file: 50mb 1080P .MKV (10mbps bitrate)
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    ShinJN likes this.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions