Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    gents, I'll be getting the TP very soon and I've started to convert a few of my 4GB 1080p rips into H264 .MP4's. I'm using Xilisoft to convert the files to 1024x768 with iPad option and they end up being around 1.5gb's. I plan on throwing 10 or so onto the TP for when my baby girl gets fussy in the car. Will the stock media player in the TP play them or do I need a third party player? If so, which one?

Thanks-
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by laxx View Post
    I tried loading a a 24 min 720p video and the audio was way out of sync. The video played back fine though.

I have mine OC'd to 1.7 with F15C.
    Any chance you know the bitrate of the video you tried? You can usually check via properties of any media player in Windows. I've seen a few over 12Mbps choke but most of them tend to work. Also, have you tried any other videos?

Thanks for the feedback!
    Do you have to purchase the original Kalemsoft media player to make an account? I downloaded the 0.3.6 beta, but cannot seem to find a way to make an account to link my PC to my TP...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    well i tried this, followed all the steps, and it doesn't work for me. still stutters. playing a 720p mkv tv show file that i downloaded. it was a 1.5GB file. tried another 720p mkv file that was 800+MB and it still stuttered.

using warthog kernel, clocked at 1.7 on both cores, tried it with ondemandtcl and performance kernels.
    I was working with KalemSoft on this issue last week. They asked me to upload a video that was giving me headaches, and after a few days they got back to me and said that they were able to get it to work, and that the next update would fix the issue.

So if you're worried about OC ing past 1.5Ghz hang on it's coming.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ic3man36O View Post
    Do you have to purchase the original Kalemsoft media player to make an account? I downloaded the 0.3.6 beta, but cannot seem to find a way to make an account to link my PC to my TP...
    I'm not 100% sure but it sounds very likely that you'd need to do that for streaming. I haven't gone that far yet with it because I want to wait until they release their stable version so I can purchase it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2TouchDroid? View Post
    I was working with KalemSoft on this issue last week. They asked me to upload a video that was giving me headaches, and after a few days they got back to me and said that they were able to get it to work, and that the next update would fix the issue.

So if you're worried about OC ing past 1.5Ghz hang on it's coming.
    Good to hear! We know the hardware should be able to handle it, they just need to work out some kinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ic3man36O View Post
    Download the Kalemsoft Media Streamer, you'll create an account at the end of installation on your Win PC - then enter these details in the Kalem Player on the TP
    Maybe I've been lucky, but 720p videos play without stutter on my non OC'ed TP. There's an option in the Player about buffering locally or something like that, it might improve things
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post
    I don't understand. What kind of files are you playing, did you do the Patch/Overclock and are you running the Beta version of Kalem?
    Yes, I'm running Warthog @ 1.7 and I'm running the beta.
    When I go to play mp3 files, then I get the title display on the screen (no album art), and then the screen gets garbled with multiple displays of the menus.
    If I knew how to take a screenshot, then I could post it/ send it.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.VOID68 View Post
    When I go to play mp3 files, then I get the title display on the screen (no album art), and then the screen gets garbled with multiple displays of the menus.

hold down Home and then press the Power button
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Don't have my pad yet but questions on this:

Can the player downscale to a 16:9 ratio? The resolution 1024x768 is 4:3.....Egg heads everywhere!
    you can display in original ratio or you can zoom it to full screen.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by mihaimilk View Post
    Maybe I've been lucky, but 720p videos play without stutter on my non OC'ed TP. There's an option in the Player about buffering locally or something like that, it might improve things
    Interesting, what container were they in? MKV or something else? Not all 720P videos are created equal, especially with bitrate so it could be the ones you are watching are fairly low or different somehow. Either way, that's good to hear it works for you!

As for the buffering locally setting, is that in Network Options only? I don't see it in other settings but since I don't have an account yet I can't get into Network options.

Quote Originally Posted by A.VOID68 View Post
    Oh an .MP3? I've never used the program for those as I use AudiophileHD. Are you saying that since trying the beta it broke your .MP3s and they worked before just fine? Could be the beta just isn't stable for them yet. Good feedback though!
    Oh an .MP3? I've never used the program for those as I use AudiophileHD. Are you saying that since trying the beta it broke your .MP3s and they worked before just fine? Could be the beta just isn't stable for them yet. Good feedback though!
    .MP3 played in the beta. No album art displayed, only the title/ artist name. After you hit full screen, the screen goes blank/ gray and then you get a case of the uglies. Have to close the app, no back out >>>

15.    #75  
    Interesting, I'd have never thought to use it for .MP3 playing but it IS a Media Player so it makes sense. Looks like an issue they need to fix for beta, I'll submit it.
    I would be interested in knowing how F15C, F4 and warthog behave (at the same speed of 1.728GHz) when trying to run this.

All 3 kernels use different IO schedulers and this will help determine if there is a difference in switching IO schedulers as well as deciding if there is an optimal one.

Please tweet me the results if possible as I'm not regularly following this thread.

Thx.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Interesting, what container were they in? MKV or something else? Not all 720P videos are created equal, especially with bitrate so it could be the ones you are watching are fairly low or different somehow. Either way, that's good to hear it works for you!

As for the buffering locally setting, is that in Network Options only? I don't see it in other settings but since I don't have an account yet I can't get into Network options.

Not sure tbh, most had an .mp4 extension and were encoded with h264 and some had AAC audio - does that help? or how would I go about determining the container?
    spent hours reinstalling touchplay and restart TP multiple time still can't play mkv file.
    Thanks to latest kalemsoft media player 0.3.7 fixed all my mkv problem. Just 1 time install from kalem site, simple and easy.
    KalemSoft - Products
    jdcowboy likes this.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gxfc View Post
    spent hours reinstalling touchplay and restart TP multiple time still can't play mkv file.
    Thanks to latest kalemsoft media player 0.3.7 fixed all my mkv problem. Just 1 time install from kalem site, simple and easy.
    KalemSoft - Products
    is that a trial or full version (not sure if there are trials for this). I don't have my touchpad yet, get it tonight want to be ready. thanks
    its listed as a 'demo' version on the website.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast