Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    when I long hold on a "download" link on a file at a site like mp3skull, I get an option to download (after I installed one patch). However, nothing happens.
    I use an app in my iphone4 to download a file directly onto my phone.
    is there a way to do this on TP?

thanks
    yes, but you have to install a patch. You will need Preware or WOSQI to install patches. Welcome to Precentral!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #3  
    thanks! I have preware so which patch should I install?
    Add Download Link Option.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  5.    #5  
    I do have that patch but it still won't download files.
  6.    #6  
    Anyone else?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    In the olden days of WebOS 1.4.5, we got this functionality via the 'Multi Mod' patch. Not sure if that helps or if it's completely different with the TP.

Have you tried pressing & holding the link? Some of the browser patches require you to do that to get another context menu.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  8.    #8  
    yes, I tried the pressing and holding and I get the context menu which shows "download" but selecting doesn't do anything.
  9.    #9  
    Still no expert comment on this topic? It would be so much more convenient than downloading on PC then transfering to TP....
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    when I long hold on a "download" link on a file at a site like mp3skull, I get an option to download (after I installed one patch). However, nothing happens.
    I use an app in my iphone4 to download a file directly onto my phone.
    is there a way to do this on TP?

thanks
    The app "Advanced Browser" will directly download media. However, the mp3 must then be renamed (including the .mp3 extension) for webOS to recognize it.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Yeah, I downloaded the Download Link patch as well, and nothing happens when I press the button... very annoying, has anyone been able to get it to work?
    HP TouchPad 16GB + HP Pre3 8GB (Hopefully)
    Advanced browser does this but it's 2.99 unfortunately. It was the only solution that worked for me. Oh and another thing.......everything that works on the pre does not and I repeat does not work on the touchpad. I know I"m new around here but I'm getting tired of suggestions that worked on the pre.
    I find this the most annoying bug right now of my Touchpad. I'm actually in shock that something so simple isn't discussed or worked on more (by the homebrew community). I have downloaded the same patch as stated above and, like everyone else, I have seen the same unsuccessful results.
    Quote Originally Posted by upsguy27 View Post
    Yeah, I downloaded the Download Link patch as well, and nothing happens when I press the button... very annoying, has anyone been able to get it to work?
    Same here. It just adds a Download Link option to the menu but tapping it does nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by hnzw_rui View Post
    Same here. It just adds a Download Link option to the menu but tapping it does nothing.
    Hold down on the "download" and then "open in new tab" (with advanced browser)

Then go to Apps > Music and you will see the song there.

I found mine quickly under "Artists"
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Hold down on the "download" and then "open in new tab" (with advanced browser)

Then go to Apps > Music and you will see the song there.

I found mine quickly under "Artists"
    So you're saying to do that with the patch installed? I'm confused.

So disregard the "download link" option that is added through the patch and just open in a new tab?

I'm pretty sure that will just stream the file through the music app...
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyFizzoli View Post
    So you're saying to do that with the patch installed? I'm confused.

So disregard the "download link" option that is added through the patch and just open in a new tab?

I'm pretty sure that will just stream the file through the music app...
    The "download link" option is not added to Advanced Browser. I could not get it to work in the regular browser.

I'm not so sure the Download Patch is necessary.

But with Advanced Browser, if you hold your finger on where it says "Download" on mp3skull and then "open in new tab", it actually downloads the song, and keeps its name.
    I think it ends up in the downloads folder. The Music app sees it.
    Oh I just realized you were talking about advanced browser. To me that defeats the purpose because....well, you have to PAY...
    I think it's pretty cheap, and look how many free song you'll get
    It has other advantages as well. Well worth it.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have a ton of Divx and Xvid movies I got from file sharing. Will this touchpad play these movies?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast