Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57
  1.    #41  
    Is there a way to install this "download instead of stream" patch without connecting my TP to a PC (I'm not near my PC ATM)?

    Thanks.
  2. #42  
    yeah that's cause you have the other patch. I just installed however I'm still having major issues.

    1. If I download from skullmp3 it shows up in the download screen as "preview.mp3". And it keeps on stopping and then when I start it again it starts to download a new file called "preview2.mp3" and keeps repeating with the numbers getting higher each time but never actually dloads a working file.

    2. When I download a song from hulkshare, it appears to be working perfectly. The correct track name shows up in the download bar and it progresses normally and then completes normally. However, when I go into internals or simply press open next to the finished download it loads the music app and then says somethings like "error could not access file".

    I've tried multiple mp3s using both sites and bet the exact same results as above.

    please help!
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    Is there a way to install this "download instead of stream" patch without connecting my TP to a PC (I'm not near my PC ATM)?

    Thanks.
    yes click the email attachment link next to the patch. Open the email. Download. Go to download directory in internalz and click the patch and press install.

    with that beings said I still can't download a working mp3.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyFizzoli View Post
    yes click the email attachment link next to the patch. Open the email. Download. Go to download directory in internalz and click the patch and press install.

    with that beings said I still can't download a working mp3.
    Just tried it and I'm getting error msg. It says "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch:**** Only garbage was found in the patch input."

    Hmmm...not sure what's going on here.
  5. #45  
    bump
  6. #46  
    why can't we just have the multimod patch for touchpad please Jason make this patch
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyFizzoli View Post
    yeah that's cause you have the other patch. I just installed however I'm still having major issues.

    1. If I download from skullmp3 it shows up in the download screen as "preview.mp3". And it keeps on stopping and then when I start it again it starts to download a new file called "preview2.mp3" and keeps repeating with the numbers getting higher each time but never actually dloads a working file.

    2. When I download a song from hulkshare, it appears to be working perfectly. The correct track name shows up in the download bar and it progresses normally and then completes normally. However, when I go into internals or simply press open next to the finished download it loads the music app and then says somethings like "error could not access file".

    I've tried multiple mp3s using both sites and bet the exact same results as above.

    please help!
    Not sure what is going on with ur downloads. I also get the preview behavior but the files work after they've downloaded. Try changing the name to its original track from the name preview.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  8.    #48  
    I can't even install the "download instead stream" patch. I uninstalled the "add download option" patch, restarted TP, still no luck. Wow, this is becoming my obsession!
  9. #49  
    So I am finally able to download an MP3 from the browser and listen to it. A couple things:

    1. The "add download link" patch is absolutely useless and effectively does nothing. It is the "Download instead of stream" patch that lets you download .mp3s. I am not sure why this is yet to make it to preware.

    2. For some weird reason after I download a file from a site like Hulkshare, it shows up in Internalz with the correct file name except everytime there is supposed to be a space, it is replaced with "%20". If I try to open that file directly, it seems to think I'm trying to stream it and opens the streaming app, instead of the normal music app. I then get an error saying basically that it is an invalid file. I soon realized that if I change the file name through Internalz, ex. take out all the "%20" crap in the filename, it will play no problem.

    In conclusion, this is all way more buggy than I would like or imagine but for now it will do. Now I just need a way where I can download whole albums as .rar/.zip files and unzip them without hooking up to my desktop.

    I hope this helps someone out there in doing what should be a fairly simple task.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyFizzoli View Post
    So I am finally able to download an MP3 from the browser and listen to it. A couple things:

    1. The "add download link" patch is absolutely useless and effectively does nothing. It is the "Download instead of stream" patch that lets you download .mp3s. I am not sure why this is yet to make it to preware.

    2. For some weird reason after I download a file from a site like Hulkshare, it shows up in Internalz with the correct file name except everytime there is supposed to be a space, it is replaced with "%20". If I try to open that file directly, it seems to think I'm trying to stream it and opens the streaming app, instead of the normal music app. I then get an error saying basically that it is an invalid file. I soon realized that if I change the file name through Internalz, ex. take out all the "%20" crap in the filename, it will play no problem.

    In conclusion, this is all way more buggy than I would like or imagine but for now it will do. Now I just need a way where I can download whole albums as .rar/.zip files and unzip them without hooking up to my desktop.

    I hope this helps someone out there in doing what should be a fairly simple task.
    Thanks for this update. My problem is I still can't install the "download instead of stream" file. I get error messages. I've uninstalled the "add download link" patch, rebooted TP, and yet still get error message.

    How did you install yours? I've been trying to install it by the email attachment method using internalz.

    Thanks.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    Thanks for this update. My problem is I still can't install the "download instead of stream" file. I get error messages. I've uninstalled the "add download link" patch, rebooted TP, and yet still get error message.

    How did you install yours? I've been trying to install it by the email attachment method using internalz.

    Thanks.
    It should have nothing to do with uninstalling the other patch. In fact, I had mine installed when I installed the download instead of stream one.

    As far as installing it, I remember trying it a week ago or so and having what sounds like similar issues to yours. However, yesterday, I simply clicked "email attachment" (this is all ON my TP), waited for the pop-up to tell me it has sent, checked my email, clicked the attachment at the top and waited for it to finished downloading. I can't remember if I opened it from the mail app or went into Internalz. Either way, I opened it and a bunch of text popped up with a button at the bottom that said install. I clicked the button and it installed properly and, I believe, asked me to restart.

    With that being said, when I had tried it a week or so ago, I remember opening it and it would pop up the same way. However, I remember there being MORE text (if that makes sense) and when I would click install I would get some sort of error message about "garbage files" or something. No idea what that means or even EXACTLY what it said but it ****ed me off. I tried again yesterday, by re-downloading (clicking the email attachment link again) and it worked !

    Hope this helps. Although, as you can tell, I'm not even really sure what I did.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyFizzoli View Post
    It should have nothing to do with uninstalling the other patch. In fact, I had mine installed when I installed the download instead of stream one.

    As far as installing it, I remember trying it a week ago or so and having what sounds like similar issues to yours. However, yesterday, I simply clicked "email attachment" (this is all ON my TP), waited for the pop-up to tell me it has sent, checked my email, clicked the attachment at the top and waited for it to finished downloading. I can't remember if I opened it from the mail app or went into Internalz. Either way, I opened it and a bunch of text popped up with a button at the bottom that said install. I clicked the button and it installed properly and, I believe, asked me to restart.

    With that being said, when I had tried it a week or so ago, I remember opening it and it would pop up the same way. However, I remember there being MORE text (if that makes sense) and when I would click install I would get some sort of error message about "garbage files" or something. No idea what that means or even EXACTLY what it said but it ****ed me off. I tried again yesterday, by re-downloading (clicking the email attachment link again) and it worked !

    Hope this helps. Although, as you can tell, I'm not even really sure what I did.
    Thanks I'll try it again tonight. Hopefully it'll work for me this time.
  13. #53  
    Doesn't it automatically put everything in the "downloads" folder, for which you would then need Internalz Pro to access and move it around?
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by metr0man View Post
    Doesn't it automatically put everything in the "downloads" folder, for which you would then need Internalz Pro to access and move it around?
    Well maybe for more typical file formats like documents and such but if you try and download a .mp3 or movie without patching it assumes you are trying to stream it.
  15.    #55  
    update:

    finally installed the "download instead of stream" patch using the email attachment method.

    went to mp3skull site and searched for a song I wanted. Quick tapped the download link and another screen popped up and showed download progress. Strange but it said "preview.mp3". I let it finish downloading and opened music app. There it was! The song had proper name of the song and artist!

    tried another song and it worked perfectly. I am so happy!

    edit: kinda strange how 4 songs downloaded perfectly with correct names of song and artist but 5th was saved as preview_4.mp3. Also, looking at the downloaded files thru internalz, these songs show up as preview.mp3, preview_1.mp3, etc. Not sure how the music app is able to display correct name in the app....

    edit2: tried to change the file name from 'preview_3.mp3' to something more meaningful but nothing seems to work. Tried space, underscore, dash, etc.
    The name in the music app stays as 'preview_3.mp3' and it won't play. I can still open it from internalz and stream but that's about it. Can't believe we are having to deal with this type of issues in 2011...
    Last edited by next_milenium; 09/03/2011 at 12:42 AM.
  16.    #56  
    so this is very annoying. Some files download fine with correct song and artist info while others download with "preview.mp3" as file name.

    this would be ok if I can change the name. However, as soon as I change the name it no longer plays in the music app. I can still stream it if I choose open from internalz.

    very strange issue and if anyone has found a solution please share. Better yet, we need a download app.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by stts View Post
    I have a ton of Divx and Xvid movies I got from file sharing. Will this touchpad play these movies?
    Short Answer-Yes, but you will need to download an advanced media player for playback.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions