Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by stts View Post
    I have a ton of Divx and Xvid movies I got from file sharing. Will this touchpad play these movies?
    Start a new thread. Completely unrelated. On that note...short answer=no....long answer=yes with tweaks (i think).
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by stts View Post
    I have a ton of Divx and Xvid movies I got from file sharing. Will this touchpad play these movies?
    Natively, TouchPad does not play Xvid or Divx. Purchasing KalemSoft media player will enable you to do this. It is available in the App Catalog or directly from the developer's website.

    Also, you can try TouchPlayer in Preware for free but it does not support navigation controls, pause, play, etc
    I am, therefore I think
  3.    #23  
    I want a FREE way to download mp3 files on my TP. Is this too much to ask?
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    I want a FREE way to download mp3 files on my TP. Is this too much to ask?
    No...I agree. It seems like a small task to ask for. I'm no programmer but I would assume with the complexity of patches that are becoming available, this can't be TOO hard to accomplish...

    I find it rather odd that this thread isn't larger...
  5. #25  
    I had the same problem with my touchpad. I downloaded the patch and when I long pressed the link to the mp3 and selected download nothing happened. Then I simply pressed the link (no long press) and viola, mp3 downloaded!
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by makankan View Post
    I had the same problem with my touchpad. I downloaded the patch and when I long pressed the link to the mp3 and selected download nothing happened. Then I simply pressed the link (no long press) and viola, mp3 downloaded!
    Still doesn't work. At least with Hulkshare which is the most used for .MP3s. It simply streams the file.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyFizzoli View Post
    Still doesn't work. At least with Hulkshare which is the most used for .MP3s. It simply streams the file.
    +1
  8. #28  
    Using the same patch you guys used, I just pressed the download link with no long hold (was at skullmp3) and it started to download. Tried it with 3 different files. Afterwards, I found them in the "Downloads" folder using Internalz Pro to view them and then opened them right up using both Inernalz and the stock music player.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    I want a FREE way to download mp3 files on my TP. Is this too much to ask?
    I know its a pain but HPplay is simple to use takes just seconds to move mp3 from PC to TP.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Using the same patch you guys used, I just pressed the download link with no long hold (was at skullmp3) and it started to download. Tried it with 3 different files. Afterwards, I found them in the "Downloads" folder using Internalz Pro to view them and then opened them right up using both Inernalz and the stock music player.
    Maybe you could clarify...I'm at skullmp3 (actually never used before). I long click on "download" under a song name and then click "download link" from the drop down menu. After I do this, absolutely no UI appears and the TP seems to not react at all.

    I've also waited 10 minutes and nothing is in my download folder using Internalz...
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyFizzoli View Post
    Maybe you could clarify...I'm at skullmp3 (actually never used before). I long click on "download" under a song name and then click "download link" from the drop down menu. After I do this, absolutely no UI appears and the TP seems to not react at all.

    I've also waited 10 minutes and nothing is in my download folder using Internalz...
    Do you have the "download" patch installed from Preware?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Do you have the "download" patch installed from Preware?
    Yes...that would be the only way the "download link" option would show in the drop down menu....
  13. #33  
    You are referring to the "Add Download link option" patch right?
  14.    #34  
    How some of you are able to download the mp3 files?!?! I have the download patch installed yet nothing happens!!!
  15. #35  
    Yes, add download link option was the patch.

    All I did was press the download link (no long hold on my part, didn't need it) and a new window opened up that showed the a progress bar on the right. After it was completed, it was on my Touchpad.

    Did you luna restart your Touchpad after you installed the patch? Just curious as to why it might work for me and not others?

    I don't know if this makes a difference but I also have the "Download Instead of Stream" patch installed from Preware?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Yes, add download link option was the patch.

    All I did was press the download link (no long hold on my part, didn't need it) and a new window opened up that showed the a progress bar on the right. After it was completed, it was on my Touchpad.

    Did you luna restart your Touchpad after you installed the patch? Just curious as to why it might work for me and not others?

    I don't know if this makes a difference but I also have the "Download Instead of Stream" patch installed from Preware?
    but you had to long click to get the "download link" option to appear right?

    and yes I Luna restarted.

    And that patch you speak of sounds pretty relevant. That has to be the problem. I don't see it in preware though.
  17.    #37  
    Just solved this mystery. It seems (I haven't had a chance to actually do this to my TP yet) you have to download another patch called "download instead of stream": http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ad-stream.html

    I'll try this later and test it on mp3skull.
  18. #38  
    Here's the thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ad-stream.html

    edit oops same as above.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyFizzoli View Post
    but you had to long click to get the "download link" option to appear right?

    and yes I Luna restarted.

    And that patch you speak of sounds pretty relevant. That has to be the problem. I don't see it in preware though.
    If I do long hold, it does appear. However, when I simply just press the download hyperlink (no long hold at all) it will open a different window with a progress bar of the current download.

    So in other words, I really don't need to do the "long hold." Just simply press on the hyperlink to download the mp3 and it begins the expected behavior (downloads the file).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    If I do long hold, it does appear. However, when I simply just press the download hyperlink (no long hold at all) it will open a different window with a progress bar of the current download.

    So in other words, I really don't need to do the "long hold." Just simply press on the hyperlink to download the mp3 and it begins the expected behavior (downloads the file).
    Thanks.
    I installed the "download instead of stream" patch and it does download w/ the stock browser that came with the TP.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions