1.    #1  
    I am a little disappointed in the Video Playback on the Touchpad versus what i have experienced on the iPad.

1. Videos with a resolution of less than the screen of the Touchpad have their aspect ratio stretched or distorted. This make sthem difficult to watch.

2. Videos encoded to match the size of the screen have choppy and unreliable playback. Again unwatchable.

Any thoughts or suggestions? The value as a media consumption device is limited without quality video playback. With as many fans as there are, someone has to have found a reasonable solution.

Thank you.
    New to TP. Only issue I have so far is I can't play trailers at IMDB site. YouTube videos play beautifully.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Everything I have watched looks excellent. I don't know what videos you are watching that have low resolution, but perhaps it is a problem with the video and not the TP. You mention you have watched videos on your iPad. Were they the same videos?
    The videos I have tried have all worked great...
    I encoded two DVD movies with Handbrake and they play back very well, nice and smooth.

One bug I noticed is that the TP does not handle non-square pixels. If you are playing back anamorphic video such as a DVD movie, your aspect ratios will be messed up. My Pre2 does not have this problem so it is probably something that will be fixed soon.

I also encoded with a 720 pixel width, the native resolution for the DVD source material. The vertical pixels were reduced to get the right aspect ratio.
    Is there some way to ahve control over FF Rewind, chapter, etc?
    I love the video on the TouchPad. I wish it would play DIVX or XVID though. I'm sure there is an app out there somewhere that will. Just got my TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by djphatjive View Post
    I love the video on the TouchPad. I wish it would play DIVX or XVID though. I'm sure there is an app out there somewhere that will. Just got my TouchPad.
    KalemSoft media player. The beta version in my other thread plays many formats by itself and overclockers can play 720P smoothly.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ad-inside.html