1.    #1  
    I cant see any option to even create a new document.. I am planning on using this for school I would need to be able to convert to .doc and print as well as save/send files. Is there a better option or does quick office do all his and I am just not aware?

If not should i just go online and use google docs? Also I have added my docs account to it. Can I edit these files through quick office or only view them?
    No document editing until the update due within a week or so, just document viewing. For now, Google Docs seems to be your best option.
    QuickOffice is supposed to get doc editing update for word docs and spreadsheets soon (ETA this week although we've been hearing about it for awhile and it keeps getting delayed). Powerpoint editing is "supposed to come" by end of Q3.

Some people use google docs and like it a lot, others have found issues with scrolling etc (I personally do not have much experience with it)

There's a bunch of people that installed linux ubuntu in a separate partition which gives them access to full desktop software (libre office) and pdf annotation software. This runs on a separate partition than webOS (google ubuntu tutorial precentral and read the thread to learn about it).
    If you don't have another computer, you probably made a bad choice in terms of using this as your only device. It will only print to specific HP wireless printers. If you do have another computer, you can write notes in Tapnote, save to a free Dropbox account, or use Box.net and access the files through your computer and reformat them for Word.
    Google Docs is pretty much unusable for me. No way to scroll documents and unbearable lag in spreadsheets, it takes several seconds to select a cell after I tap it.

Quick Office has no editing, but even the viewing is slow for my spreadsheets and renders some of them poorly, with errors. Heck, even a simple txt document takes too long to load (this is with an overclocked and preware patched pad).

Right now the Touchpad is a major disappointment for me in this respect.
    info on supported printers from palm.com
    Palm Support : Printing from HP webOS tablets
    I am using this for work as well as play so I installed the recommended patches (if that is not enough speed, one could consider overclocking with uberkernel but you need to read all the warnings and know how to uninstall uberkernel before sending to HP for possible warranty issues unless you don't care about the warranty).

Recommended patches can be found in tutorial for TouchPad thread or in best tips for newcomers from oldtimers thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I am using this for work as well as play so I installed the recommended patches (if that is not enough speed, one could consider overclocking with uberkernel but you need to read all the warnings and know how to uninstall uberkernel before sending to HP for possible warranty issues unless you don't care about the warranty).

Recommended patches can be found in tutorial for TouchPad thread or in best tips for newcomers from oldtimers thread.
    I've installed all the recommended patches, deleted logs and set them to minimum and also overclocked to 1.5ghz. Quick Office still takes an age to load, lacks responsiveness and generally behaves annoyingly sluggishly, particularly with larger spreadsheets. I'm really hoping they improve performance with the update that adds editing.

And trying to use Google Docs in the browser is a horrible experience.

Edit: I'll note that my 2 year old iPhone 3GS actually seems to perform better with spreadsheets than the Touchpad, which is rather sad really.
    Last edited by NuclearWinter; 08/28/2011 at 06:41 PM.