Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, please feel free to move it if I did.

Hi all, I'm new to the webOS community. I'm a brand-new TP owner, but have already learned some tricks of the trade and done the OTA update to 3.0.2. Now I'd like to use WOSQI to install Preware so I can really customize my new baby. However, I'm having the world's worst time getting it to recognize my device on any computer (and so far I've tried 3, all running Windows 7). I've updated my Java. I've renamed file folders for the novacom drivers. I've started and stopped the novacom services multiple times. I make sure Dev mode is active. I make sure it's not in USB drive-mode. I've tried other USB ports. For the life of me, I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong and I've searched over and over for other troubleshooting tips that would work and I can't find any. I've even just tried installing Preware off the get.preware.org site. Nothing I can do will get any of the computers to recognize my device. =(

You guys have some awesome tweaks/patches/themes and I'd love to be able to install them, so if anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it. Again, sorry if I'm in the wrong spot but I figured this would get lost in the WOSQI thread, considering others seem to have had this issue and I've tried all the response posts. Please help? *puppy dog eyes*
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    I've usually had a rough time whenever attempting to use the software on a new computer. I'm not sure what it is for me. A few questions...

What is your computer doing when you're trying to connect?

Have you shutdown/rebooted your computer?

When you looked at the Task Manager, did you see multiple occurrences of Novacom running?
    War Eagle!
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiTiff View Post
    I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, please feel free to move it if I did.

Hi all, I'm new to the webOS community. I'm a brand-new TP owner, but have already learned some tricks of the trade and done the OTA update to 3.0.2. Now I'd like to use WOSQI to install Preware so I can really customize my new baby. However, I'm having the world's worst time getting it to recognize my device on any computer (and so far I've tried 3, all running Windows 7). I've updated my Java. I've renamed file folders for the novacom drivers. I've started and stopped the novacom services multiple times. I make sure Dev mode is active. I make sure it's not in USB drive-mode. I've tried other USB ports. For the life of me, I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong and I've searched over and over for other troubleshooting tips that would work and I can't find any. I've even just tried installing Preware off the get.preware.org site. Nothing I can do will get any of the computers to recognize my device. =(

You guys have some awesome tweaks/patches/themes and I'd love to be able to install them, so if anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it. Again, sorry if I'm in the wrong spot but I figured this would get lost in the WOSQI thread, considering others seem to have had this issue and I've tried all the response posts. Please help? *puppy dog eyes*

Do you have any friends or family running Mac OS X? My sister ran into a bunch of issues as well so we ended up just using my Mac to do the initial install of Preware via WOSQI. Sometimes it's not worth your time and frustration... I know that's not the fix to your computer issue, but it might be a path worth exploring to get you going with Preware on your TP.