Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By hailredskins#AC
  • 1 Post By ALuckyGuy
  1.    #1  
    I was playing with my TouchPad and noticed you can move the cards back and forth (card view) by swiping the first row of sensors just above the bezel. This does not interfere with your favorite icons on the bottom. I know the first row sensors are used for up swipe. I am confident Back Swipe should be able to work. The only question is how developers can integrate this into their apps.

If you are a developer, can you please let me know if this is possible? Back Swipe was the most used feature I used on my pre-.

I am also curious about the wave bar integration as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I was playing with my TouchPad and noticed you can move the cards back and forth (card view) by swiping the first row of sensors just above the bezel. This does not interfere with your favorite icons on the bottom. I know the first row sensors are used for up swipe. I am confident Back Swipe should be able to work. The only question is how developers can integrate this into their apps.

If you are a developer, can you please let me know if this is possible? Back Swipe was the most used feature I used on my pre-.

I am also curious about the wave bar integration as well.
    I think part of your finger is actually on the screen. There is no sensors on the bezel.
    So if the upswipe can be detected by swiping up from the bezel, why can't a back gesture be detected from the right bezel swiping left and forward from the left bezel swiping right? I understand there's no sensors in the bezel but only a thin portion of the screen. Wouldn't this be possible or is the bottom of the screen only active to detect a gesture?
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    its not the bezel doing it, you just normally start the upswipe on the bezel. But if you carefully place your finger at the bottom of the screen and swipe up you'll see it activates card view even if you don't touch the bzel.
    I think the webOS designers decided it would be better not to have the back swipe. Perhaps they thought that was an obstacle for new users.
    Bump! Bring back the back swipe
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    totally agree, it makes the pre so easy to use and would love it on the TP
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    its not the bezel doing it, you just normally start the upswipe on the bezel. But if you carefully place your finger at the bottom of the screen and swipe up you'll see it activates card view even if you don't touch the bzel.
    You might be right, testing it right now and it seems to work as you say. Anyone know for sure?

I can't get cards to move around by swiping on the bezel, I can right where the bezel sort of ends and the screen begins.
    I love the gesture area and swipe as well, but I have to be the bearer of bad news :-(

It's not the bezel. In card view, if you place your finger ANYWHERE on the screen ans slide it side to side, you will move the card back and forth.

The "swipe up from gesture area" on the TouchPad is just a detection of your finger's movement from the small few-pixel area at the edge of the screen vertically up based on screen orientation. Swiping up from the bezel it from that exact edge both do the same thing.
    Getting rid of the guesture area was a dumb move. The guestures are one of webOS's unique features and once you get used to the back swipe - and the switch cards advanced guesture - you can't help but appreciate it's unique elegance. Why they chose to get rid of something so useful and distinctive, I have no idea.
    Biggnaa20 likes this.
    Seems like they could implement the Pre's "advanced gestures" in a similar way to what they've done for the up-swipe. That is, if you swipe from the left side bezel towards the right so that you go from bezel to screen with the swipe, that would send the current app to the right and bring the card to its immediate left to the front, and vice-versa for moving through cards in the other direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoRed View Post
    Seems like they could implement the Pre's "advanced gestures" in a similar way to what they've done for the up-swipe. That is, if you swipe from the left side bezel towards the right so that you go from bezel to screen with the swipe, that would send the current app to the right and bring the card to its immediate left to the front, and vice-versa for moving through cards in the other direction.
    They absolutely could do that...but it would likely require changes in code owned by HP.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoRed View Post
    That's what I was kinda of hinting at. The first row of sensors directly above the bezel can be use in multiple ways without interfering with icons on your screen.