Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    hey folks

does anyone have an issue with the browser constantly reloading a page. When I go onto some sites the page loads, the spinning circle appears and the page reloads.

This page is one of the worst for it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...m/default.stmt
    (you might have to be in the uk to access the page)

would appreciate any other experiences.
    Dis likes this.
    yep, I see some websites do that occasionally.
    I was going to post about that this morning. Yahoo's fantasy baseball page seems to do this all of the time, as does the NY Post sports pages.
    The same on vkontakte.ru. If I click on any link the browser returns me to the main page and begin constantly refreshing/reloading.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    And no answer to solve the problem?
  6.    #6  
    doesn't look there is an answer to be had !
    If it reload-loops endlessly and doesn't ever load the page... I had that when I tried to manually do the Hulu fix (and probably botched it). I restored the backup, then used the patch instead.
    Does this all the time to me, also on BBC. THE MOST ANNOYING THING EVER!
    Dis likes this.
  9.    #9  
    makes BBC almost unuseable
    Dis likes this.
    yup I know, on the pages it does this on you cannot read the content. sometimes i switch to m.bbc.co.uk article to read it, but it's ANNOYING :|
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I've seen this on several pages. Its incredibly annoying. I know there are certain sites that autorefresh, sports sites in particular (to update scores), but I have no idea why some regular sites do this. It makes many of them unreadable. I've gotten to the point that I hit the stop button on the browser.
    Yeah, this is a huge pain. I have a hunch that it's an issue with Flash-heavy sites overwhelming the RAM, just like when a webpage is forced to refresh on my Pre-.

This always happens to me on Gizmodo.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    If you watch the blue progress bar at the top of the page, you can hit stop (the X in the address box) just as it is finishing. That gives you the whole page and it won't reload.

I did hit a site yesterday that kept loading/refreshing to fast for me to stop it. Mobile and my phone didn't work either. It had to wait until I was on my PC.

I have seen some sites that constently reload to refresh ads, but the AdBlocker seemed to stop that.
    Quote Originally Posted by thetman View Post
    hey folks

does anyone have an issue with the browser constantly reloading a page. When I go onto some sites the page loads, the spinning circle appears and the page reloads.

This page is one of the worst for it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...m/default.stmt
    (you might have to be in the uk to access the page)

would appreciate any other experiences.
    I have that problem too, but with precentral.net, right after I logged in (forum section).
    I also see this on BBC mainly. It used to be occasionally now it's all the time. Very frustrating.
    Dis likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_wardy View Post
    I also see this on BBC mainly. It used to be occasionally now it's all the time. Very frustrating.
    Yep, same here. Tends to be pages with the embedded flash video.
    Dis likes this.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    I have seen that, and note that when I visit the same pages with ie8, I get a message about cross-site scripting being blocked. I suspect it is something the web page is doing that is creating a loading loop.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    BBC F1.
    But its only been doing it this past week.
    Hoping one of the site experts cand fix it.
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    The fix seems to be tp turn off flash.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    This happens to me also, mostly the NY dailynews site..................Need to be fixed in next version, should not have to turn off flash....................Also on forums and in the pages of articles, browser does not return to area last viewed when checking on another article........
    secondclaw likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast