Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By virtualkyr
  1.    #1  
    So ive realized that the touchpad has the feature to answer calls while you are on it. when i go to use blue tooth on my phone (discoverable) then try to detect my phone from the touch pad, i cant see it. any suggestions?
    I don't think the touchpad/webos offers support for phones on other platforms. Unless or your on the Pre line of mobile devices, it's no dice.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    gotta wait for a dev to release a patch for your phone. currently only webos phones support that feature.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  4.    #4  
    im wondering if there is a droid app allready created to make it work.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I would love to see this fuction added to the TP...

This would be great feature and make TP experience more enjoyable...and make me even more lazy by not having to go find my phone...
    Count me in on wanting this!

Sent from my HTC Eva 4G using Tapatalk
    Yeah I mean lets make this great feature and marry two pieces of hardware that our Manufacture will make sure don't exist.
    :rollseyesatHP:
    Is it a matter of a MEID string? or a hardware ID? surely these can be spoofed somehow, or the restreiction removed from the pairing procedure.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Yeah i was hella mad on Saturday when I found out my droid 3 couldn't be paired with my touchpad....
    I've made queries over on XDA about spoofing with an android app to connect our phones and touchpads, oh and as an aside,
    if I could buy a Pre 3 today I would.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I loaded the 3.04 upgrade today, and tried pairing my Evo 4g. It worked for receiving calls. I just can't make calls on my TP, through my Evo. It actually dials the number, then the TP comes up with a message saying that it can't complete the function. However, the call is still in progress on the phone. Oh so close. I'll try other functions as I get time.
    Receiving calls from my EVO 3d works great now too.
    fwinst likes this.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    How did it work?
    works pretty good for me as well....
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I loaded the 3.04 upgrade today, and tried pairing my Evo 4g. It worked for receiving calls. I just can't make calls on my TP, through my Evo. It actually dials the number, then the TP comes up with a message saying that it can't complete the function. However, the call is still in progress on the phone. Oh so close. I'll try other functions as I get time.
    I get the same error, did you manage to fix it?
    I've received a call successfully with my 3.0.4 Touchpad while paired to my EVO 3D, and messaging kind of works... Does anyone know why it would work partially, but fail in certain ways?

For instance, I'm able to send a text to my own number from the Touchpad. It shows the sent message on the Touchpad and on the phone, and then the message as it's received again on both. If I send it from the phone while paired to the Touchpad, it shows sent and received on the phone, but only the received message on the Touchpad. Messages sent from the Touchpad show an error icon and say "Could not send your message" when tapped, though they send successfully to my number and others. They show up as "Pending" on the phone, which is even weirder since the phone is doing the sending. Messages received from other numbers so far do not appear on the Touchpad.

Is this a matter of different implementations of the Bluetooth MAP used by the two devices? Is there any chance of the situation improving via patch or would it come down to HTC/HP improving their MAP implementation to talk nice to the other's?