1.    #1  
    I tried to install the UberKernel.

After it had installed I restarted the system

At this point it showed the dreaded USB symbol

I connected up WebOSDoctor which gave some messages about loading the ramdisk and then waiting for the device to "come back". It then reported that the RAM Disk had booted.

It then tried to Flash something but reported that a file was busy and failed.

At this point I had an HP logo on the screen but this was not animated.

My heart stopped at this point!!

I eventually did the 15 second reset on the buttons and the HP logo disappeared and then re-appeared, this time animated, and the whole thing booted up ok.

The relieve was huge!!

How can I tell what kernel is loaded, preware says UberKernel is installed and the Device infor says WebOs 3.0.2. But how do I look at the kernel version?

Martin
    Quote Originally Posted by mlines View Post
    I tried to install the UberKernel.

After it had installed I restarted the system

At this point it showed the dreaded USB symbol

I connected up WebOSDoctor which gave some messages about loading the ramdisk and then waiting for the device to "come back". It then reported that the RAM Disk had booted.

It then tried to Flash something but reported that a file was busy and failed.

At this point I had an HP logo on the screen but this was not animated.

My heart stopped at this point!!

I eventually did the 15 second reset on the buttons and the HP logo disappeared and then re-appeared, this time animated, and the whole thing booted up ok.

The relieve was huge!!

How can I tell what kernel is loaded, preware says UberKernel is installed and the Device infor says WebOs 3.0.2. But how do I look at the kernel version?

Martin

You should get Govnah from Preware. That's the app you use to select the 1512 Governor, which activates the Uberkernel Kernel so that the TP runs at 1.5GHz

Simply installing the kernel won't activated. However, I don't know why you got an error when it rebooted though. From what I've read, the Uberkernel should be safe with all TPs... Maybe others will chime in with more concrete next-steps to trouble shoot the reboot issue.