1.    #1  
    If I understand correctly, there is a database of some sort where webOS apps store their info.

I'm assuming the Photos & Videos app does much the same from what what I read in other threads.

It's not a problem now but I'm curious what happens to database entries for photos that no longer exist? If you are frequently copying/deleting/copying/deleting different sets of photos from the TP's drive, will the Photo app store data for long gone photos and albums or does it eventually delete unused entries?

Part of the reason I ask this is because I had enabled Facebook Photo support briefly and then turned it back off. While browsing the USB drive I found a .photosapp folder with what looks like a cache of thumbnails. Even though I'd disabled the FB photos, there was a whole folder structure of cached photos for it.

This leads me to believe there would be remnants left here for long gone photos, as well.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    The images in folders whose name begins with a dot do not show up in the photos app.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  3.    #3  
    Are you suggesting any photos I copy to the device should be in a folder with a dot in the name? That doesn't easily work here as the Mac treats folders in a very similar manner. It, also, makes them harder to view on the Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    If I understand correctly, there is a database of some sort where webOS apps store their info.

I'm assuming the Photos & Videos app does much the same from what what I read in other threads.

It's not a problem now but I'm curious what happens to database entries for photos that no longer exist? If you are frequently copying/deleting/copying/deleting different sets of photos from the TP's drive, will the Photo app store data for long gone photos and albums or does it eventually delete unused entries?

Part of the reason I ask this is because I had enabled Facebook Photo support briefly and then turned it back off. While browsing the USB drive I found a .photosapp folder with what looks like a cache of thumbnails. Even though I'd disabled the FB photos, there was a whole folder structure of cached photos for it.

This leads me to believe there would be remnants left here for long gone photos, as well.
    I consider the leftover Facebook photos to be a bug and would expect a later revision would remove those photos if you were to disable the Facebook photos feature.

Adding & removing photos is tracked by the Media Indexer and to the best of its ability, will only track the photos that remain on the device, so when you add/move photos around, it picks them up, while when you delete them, it removes them from the index. It does typically ignore photos in any folder that begins with a dot though.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    Are you suggesting any photos I copy to the device should be in a folder with a dot in the name? That doesn't easily work here as the Mac treats folders in a very similar manner. It, also, makes them harder to view on the Touchpad.
    Only if you don't want these images to show up in the photos app.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.