Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bluenote
  1.    #1  
    Well I did get it to turn on eventually by pressing the Power Button and the Home Button, of course that rebooted the device. However this was very strange and kind of scary. I had Taskr open that's about it, I set my TP down beside me, the screen powered off and I let it be for maybe 20 minutes. I tried to bring it back from sleep or whatever and the damn thing wouldn't do anything! Pretty sure the device was still on but it would not bring up the lockscreen or anything. Was scary! Thought my device died for a second haha. Anyways it's back now and it's fine, everything seems to be how I left it, wondering if anyone else has had this happen? I am use the Warthog kernel @ 1.7ghz and also patched up quite a bit. Web OS 3.0.2 ofc.
    Quote Originally Posted by finecismad View Post
    Well I did get it to turn on eventually by pressing the Power Button and the Home Button, of course that rebooted the device. However this was very strange and kind of scary. I had Taskr open that's about it, I set my TP down beside me, the screen powered off and I let it be for maybe 20 minutes. I tried to bring it back from sleep or whatever and the damn thing wouldn't do anything! Pretty sure the device was still on but it would not bring up the lockscreen or anything. Was scary! Thought my device died for a second haha. Anyways it's back now and it's fine, everything seems to be how I left it, wondering if anyone else has had this happen? I am use the Warthog kernel @ 1.7ghz and also patched up quite a bit. Web OS 3.0.2 ofc.
    That's why I don't put by special kernels or overclock my touchpad. I don't want my touchpad to not worked.
    I installed j stop from preware and set it to auto garbage collect.
    If it kept on happening, I took off the kernel and tried another kernel.
    fxspec06 likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpadaddict01 View Post
    That's why I don't put by special kernels or overclock my touchpad. I don't want my touchpad to not worked.
    I realize that it is possible the kernel and/or OC could have been an issue that is why I made sure to make note of them in my post however you sound certain that this is the fault of the kernel or OC, this is not evidence of that whatsoever and I'm sorry if I left that impression. If it happens again I'll do some test but as far as I know it was just a random occurrence.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I installed j stop from preware and set it to auto garbage collect.
    If it kept on happening, I took off the kernel and tried another kernel.
    Thanks, I didn't realize jstop did that.

I hate garbage.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

one of the patches to stop logging interferes with Warthog kernel as it uses it!

this could be a reason!

Plug your TP into the AC adapter and let it chare and then while charging press power button and hold then press the home screen button together.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post
    one of the patches to stop logging interferes with Warthog kernel as it uses it!

this could be a reason!

Plug your TP into the AC adapter and let it vhare and then while that press power button and hold then press the home screen button together.
    That may be it. Why exactly did you tell me that last step? I've already got the TP up and running. Also what is vhare.
    I thought it wouldn't start, so disregard that.

The "unset cfq io scheduler" causes problems for many custom kernels
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpadaddict01 View Post
    The TouchPad out of the box comes underclocked. The processor is a 1.5ghz processor, and the pad clocks it at 1.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post

this could be a reason!

Plug your TP into the AC adapter and let it chare and then while charging press power button and hold then press the home screen button together.
    The 'stop logging' patch should not interfere with anything but the amount of log events come from stock applications. It should have zero affect on any kernels.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

10.    #10  
    Alright thanks good to know, if I run into more problems I'll remove that patch.