Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Musouka
  1.    #1  
    I've got my tracker working full time . Guess what turned up out of the blue in yesterday's report?

It looks like the TWO TP models webOS enthusiests have been scouring the net looking for are making a public appearance in Canada, however brief it may be at Microage Canada's web site for $199 (canadian) ea.. No clue on expected stock. Someone in Canada may want to call Microage on Monday and please update this thread with info.

TOUCHPAD CAN 32G 4G SMART-BUY CANADA - FB462UT#ABL - MicroAge

TOUCHPAD CDN COMMERCIAL WIFI 64 CANADA - FB424UA#ABL - MicroAge

Canadian members - time to show some love for your neighbors down south - Pre-ordering is encouraged by Microage in order to secure these for you and I.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Well, I threw in my name for the 64. I only want a 16 for 99 bucks, but maybe I'll have better luck with this than my current attempts with other pending orders.

Thanks!
    Interesting. Good luck to our Candian members (if anyone ended with a spare 4G, I would love to buy it)

Amazon used to have the American 4G version (FB354UA#ABA) for preorder, but the page has since been removed:

HP TouchPad 4G surfaces for pre-order on Amazon, wearing $700 price tag -- Engadget
    jnice1121#WN likes this.
    Global Posts
    7,241 Global Posts
    I have a microage 3 minutes from my house, I might call them tomorrow.
    I would get a 64gb for sure, and sell my 32gb on Kijiji.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fubaz View Post
    I have a microage 3 minutes from my house, I might call them tomorrow.
    I would get a 64gb for sure, and sell my 32gb on Kijiji.
    Why not pick up one of each and sell the one you dont want at your cost to one of your southern neighbors in the USA who can't get these through retail channels?

BTW the canadian 4G model uses the same frequencies for HSPA+ (850 and 1900) as the USA model . For Fido/Rogers, ATT USA not for Wind or T-Mobile USA.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Already reposted on slick deals.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Why not pick up one of each and sell the one you dont want at your cost to one of your southern neighbors in the USA who can't get these through retail channels?

BTW the canadian 4G model uses the same frequencies for HSPA+ (850 and 1900) as the USA model . For Fido/Rogers, ATT USA not for Wind or T-Mobile USA.
    I would gladly pay a small finder's fee...I am a mighty frustrated US webOS lover...cannot find a good deal on a TP anywhere. Help a neighbor out? PM me if you are so inclined. Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Already reposted on slick deals.
    That sucks.
    Anyone know what (if any) differences there are between the US & Canadian models of the touchpad? I suppose if I could find an FCC document for each that'd tell me in best detail..
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Placed my order yeaterday on a tip from HP Canada's Facebook wall. They're a legit store, but whether or not they'll actually get the TouchPad 4G and TouchPad 64GB is a whole different matter.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Got a response from MicroAge:

Dear Mr. Robitaille,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately these products were listed in error on our site. We are working to correct the error. We will not be receiving these products.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    i finally broke down and purchased an ebay 16gig tp... paid more than the fire sale, but less than the original price.. should be here on wednesday.. comonnnnnnnnnn FedEx..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Same for me as JR. Order cancelled for 64GB. Sorry for the inconvenienceblablabla. I'm not too upset, or inconvenienced. Would have been nice to have another 32GB, especially with messing around with Ubuntu Chroot, not the end of the world though.