Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By alfaverde
  1.    #1  
    I'm trying to install some roms for the snes app. I can't seem to find a step by step guide. I've downloaded some roms on my laptop, now what do I do?

Do I unzip them and then drop them into the "snes/rom" folder or leave them zipped and then drop them in there?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    i believe you unzip them and place the unzipped roms into the folder. at least thats how i did it for my Pre Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by blindskater26 View Post
    I'm trying to install some roms for the snes app. I can't seem to find a step by step guide. I've downloaded some roms on my laptop, now what do I do?

Do I unzip them and then drop them into the "snes/rom" folder or leave them zipped and then drop them in there?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    There's no need to unzip the files. SuperNES can handle zipped files. Just dump them all into the /snes/roms directory and you're ready to roll.

While you're at it, create a /snes/skins directory as well, and go download one of the new touchpad controller skins. You can find them in the superNES thread. Do a search.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    There's no need to unzip the files. SuperNES can handle zipped files. Just dump them all into the /snes/roms directory and you're ready to roll.

While you're at it, create a /snes/skins directory as well, and go download one of the new touchpad controller skins. You can find them in the superNES thread. Do a search.
    Do the skins make it so the virtual buttons aren't so friggin large and disproportionate to your hand size?
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    a nice touchpad snes nes emu will destroy what free time I have.. Been playing my pdk games that are upscales.. The virtual keyboard is much better on the touchpad
    I really wish someone in the homebrew community would take a look at the bluetooth stack to try and get a gamepad to connect.
    ap3604 likes this.
  7.    #7  
    GOT IT!! Thanks for the support guys. This Touchpad rocks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post
    Do the skins make it so the virtual buttons aren't so friggin large and disproportionate to your hand size?
    The new skins do.

The reasons for the disporportion is because the skins you're seeing built-in were designed for a palm pre (read - TINY screen).

New skins don't have that problem. Take a look at a couple of the skins here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ulator-27.html

It's still not ideal because we're waiting on dtz to release a new patch that supports the full 1024x768 screen (it's 4:3 and should be totally awesome once it's fully supported). Once we get that we can really go high resolution, but for now, the new skins do a pretty good job.

Enjoy .
    Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    The new skins do.

The reasons for the disporportion is because the skins you're seeing built-in were designed for a palm pre (read - TINY screen).

New skins don't have that problem. Take a look at a couple of the skins here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ulator-27.html

It's still not ideal because we're waiting on dtz to release a new patch that supports the full 1024x768 screen (it's 4:3 and should be totally awesome once it's fully supported). Once we get that we can really go high resolution, but for now, the new skins do a pretty good job.

Enjoy .
    Where is everyone getting these ROMs from? Once I download the NES from the app catalog...I then connect to my computer via USB mode and drop them into the folder for NES?
    Can someone PM me and point me in the right direction. I am not finding any roms.
    Quote Originally Posted by auirie View Post
    Can someone PM me and point me in the right direction. I am not finding any roms.
    I've always wanted to do this:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=where+can+I+find+snes+roms

or

Let me google that for you

I mean only love here ;p, but asking where roms are is a silly question, lol.
    I mean only love here ;p, but asking where roms are is a silly question, lol.
    And also illegal!