1.    #1  
    On 8/22 I ordered 7 touchpads (16 gb) from ErwinComp.com : Shopping Deals for Electronics and Newest Gadgets. They were priced at $129 each (a bit higher than the $99 firewall going on everywhere else) but I wanted to ensure I didn't miss out and make sure everyone in my family got a touchpad.

I am wondering if anyone else has ordered from them. If so, have you received a shipping conformation email or tracking number? I have only received the email from the day I placed my order which is a receipt for my purchase that states my order is being processed. I emailed the company Friday to see what the status of my order was but have not heard back.

Yikes... I just found this posted on the front page of their website....

OVERSOLD ON THIS PRODUCT. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY CONFUSION OR COMMUNICATION ISSUES THAT HAVE NOT BEEN MET IN A TIMELY MANNER.

I'd love to hear what types of emails or communication, if any, are being received by those who purchased from this website.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I, like you, also ordered from erwincomp.com. I have also received the initial email and read the "over sold" statement on their website. I tried calling them a couple times to no avail, just kept on getting a busy signal. I figure that they may need some extra time to sort things out, hopefully I will hear something early next week.
    Last edited by fingerwenger; 08/28/2011 at 12:51 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Just got this email a few minutes go....

Hi Brian,

We understand that you have questions regarding the availability of the Touchpad. *Unfortunately, we are completely sold out of this unit at this point. *Because we cannot guarantee delivery for this product within a reasonable amount of time, we have canceled your order.

We have not charged your account. *Pending authorizations are only temporary and should automatically drop from your account within 3-5 business days.

Thanks,

Sales Team
    ERWINCOMP.COM

Well... Can't be anymore clear than that.... :'(

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I have not received that email. I am not holding my breath that my order gets filled but my fingers are crossed.
    probably another compnay that sent theirs back for a full refund to hp.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benny92lx View Post
    probably another compnay that sent theirs back for a full refund to hp.
    Definitely a possibility.