Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Xeron
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    "Sky Go" is Sky TV's video on demand service, but the web interface requires silverlight, and therefore doesn't work on the Touchpad.

Sky provide an iOS app, but not webOS. If you are a Sky customer with a touchpad, please add a post to this thread and maybe if enough people post, they'll make a Touchpad app. After all, there is suddenly a large userbase for it
    Luckily I have a FlashSportStreams subscription which is Flash so it should work.
    Posted. Hope they will consider to making one for WebOS.
    When I heard Sky was going to be a launch partner for the Touchpad in the UK I was very excited... when I loaded up and only found the Sky News app I was more than displeased. They have about 5 apps for the Ipad!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajingo View Post
    Luckily I have a FlashSportStreams subscription which is Flash so it should work.
    It doesn't works. Tried today but seems not work, not sky sport 1, not espn. Have you played it to your touchpad?
    I posted in your thread, but also started my own (Hope you don't mind) in the 'Sky Apps' forum section. I would like to see all their apps, not just 'Sky Go'... the list for iOS is 'Sky Go', 'Sky Sports News', 'Sky News', 'Sky Mobile TV', 'Sky +' and 'Sky Bet'.

So please also post Here.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    ok I posted there, too!
    OverlordsComing likes this.
    posted in second thread.
    They do not even have an Android app yet so the chance of them bothering to make a webOS app is slim to none unfortunately.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Thats no reason not to post in the sky forums asking for it.
    posted
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    What I don't understand is that there is a Linux Silverlight code availble ? cant this be ported to WebOS as ot is a linux based ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    They do not even have an Android app yet so the chance of them bothering to make a webOS app is slim to none unfortunately.
    I think someone earlier in the thread (Post 2 I think) said there is a Sky News app for webOS already, or in the works already. So, if webOS is 1 of 5 skyapps, doesn't that mean Android is a big fail as an OS?

Just kidding, no failing here...but room to grow. 1 down, 4 more Sky apps to go for webOS!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post
    It doesn't works. Tried today but seems not work, not sky sport 1, not espn. Have you played it to your touchpad?
    That's really annoying then. Although the site has been down at times lately so it could have been that. I don't have my touchpad yet so I can't test it.

Anyway I posted in that thread, hopefully Sky listen but I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I think someone earlier in the thread (Post 2 I think) said there is a Sky News app for webOS already, or in the works already. So, if webOS is 1 of 5 skyapps, doesn't that mean Android is a big fail as an OS?

Just kidding, no failing here...but room to grow. 1 down, 4 more Sky apps to go for webOS!
    There are more than 5 Sky apps available in total but most are only available on iWhatever devices and a handful on Android. People are talking about Sky Go in particular but the fact remains that the Android equivalent has been in the works for well over a year now (long before the Sky Go re-brand) and it is still not released.

While it is obviously good to let our interest be known Sky are not going to magically turn around and release a webOS app anytime soon and not before they have sorted out their Android support. They have also mentioned expanding support to BlackBerry and Windows as well with no mention of webOS in recent months. So I would not hold out much hope.

You would be far better simply using RDP to get Sky Go via a PC.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    You would be far better simply using RDP to get Sky Go via a PC.
    Wouldn't that be like watching a photo slideshow though? Even over a local network I doubt the framerate would be good enough to make it watchable.
    did any one else see a sky news app for webOS online anywhere ? as I am sure I saw one on a app site carnt find it now anywere.
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.e.c View Post
    did any one else see a sky news app for webOS online anywhere ? as I am sure I saw one on a app site carnt find it now anywere.

Their is one in the HP app market.
    I am italian user of touchpad and Sky Italia, also I have to post? For what I know Sky UK and Sky Italia is the same company.....
    Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US