1.    #1  
    How do I sync bookmarks from my desktop to my Touchpad?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
    Someone is developing an Opera Bookmarks app, which syncs up with Opera Link. Right now, it's read-only, but if you use Opera there is your bookmark app.
    speaking of bookmarks, since there is no way to import bookmarks I exported a bookmarks html file from Firefox. I want to open that file and then bookmark that file. I emailed the file to myself and opened it up on the TP email app and then bookmarked it. However since it seems to put it in cache folder the next time I restart the TP the file will be gone. I need to put it in a local file, open it up in the Brower and then bookmark it. How do I do that?
    Instead of emailing the file to yourself you could just copy it to the TP over USB.
    Have you ever used site to phone? Site to Phone - Send links or text from your browser to your phone I use this on my computer to send sites to my pre. Anyway, if you log into it on your browser, it has a history of all the sites you've sent. You can relaunch and add to your bookmarks. Also google and a couple of other places have online bookmark sites that usually have an import option. Once they are on the web the touchpad browser should be able to access the site.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Have you ever used site to phone? Site to Phone - Send links or text from your browser to your phone I use this on my computer to send sites to my pre. Anyway, if you log into it on your browser, it has a history of all the sites you've sent. You can relaunch and add to your bookmarks. Also google and a couple of other places have online bookmark sites that usually have an import option. Once they are on the web the touchpad browser should be able to access the site.
    i did that however since its in the cache, when restarting TP I open it up and get an error that the file doesn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Instead of emailing the file to yourself you could just copy it to the TP over USB.
    I did. But the how do I open that file? I tried opening it up internalz but that didn't work. I need to open the local file with the browser but i don't see a way to do that. I don't think a Html file has a default program that opens it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmytvc15 View Post
    i did that however since its in the cache, when restarting TP I open it up and get an error that the file doesn't exist.
    This isn't the fastest or most elegant way to get it done but I'll explain how I use it. I have the s2p plug in for my web browser for my pc. When I'm on a site I want on my phone or touchpad I click the send to phone button. It sends it to my phone where if I launch the site to phone icon it shows me the last page sent BUT there is a my links tab that will show the history of any links sent and give the option of launching the link. If I sign into the s2p website on my touchpad, I can hit the my links tab, relaunch the site and just book mark it in touchpad browser. There is a settings tab, make sure it is set to enable history. So for example, you can send your self 5 sites using the touch to share site or browser button, sign into s2p on the touchpad, click my links, launch and re-book mark the site. I hope that makes sense. Essentially you would have to launch the site twice. Once on your pc to send the link to s2p and then once on the touchpad by logging into s2p and launching to book mark. At least this way you don't have to type out all the web addresses as one click on the pc sends it to s2p. I might look around and see what the online bookmark sites have to offer. I've used some in the past and they import from my desktop, but I've never used them with my pre as I have a ton of bookmarks not suitable for a phone but that would work just fine on my touchpad.
  9.    #9  
    stupid questions:
    1) Is webkit open source?
    2) is Chrome open source?
    3) do we have access to the chrome/google sync API?
    4) if the answers to all 3 are yes, then can a patch be written to add "sync to chrome" to the browser, to make it on par with the Honeycomb browser as far as bookmark syncing goes?
    I have a simple solution, so simple it made me go...DUH... that may help folx in more ways than one and since I loveeeee P|C and my touchpad I'm going to be nice and share. This will also be like a poor man's glimpse. Tho I plan on getting that app to support the dev's next month.

Many portals let you customize content. The one I use on my pc is My Way - My Page I was introduced to it when I got my dell pc as it was the startpage and I've always used it because it has one of the few tv listing set ups that I like. Anyyyyyway...it also lets you add ...BOOKMARKS!! And tabs..... Ha! So you can have one tab with all bookmarks! I HATE opening the web browser and seeing that boring grey background. It's depressing. So I added the site to my launcher and replaced the web icon with it on my launcher bar...I get my pretty pink homepage, and tv listings and bookmarks. Also..You add calendar, calculator, comics, local news papers, weather, dictionary, maps, reminders. You can also do this with yahoo, http://my.yahoo.com/?_bc=1 and with yahoo you may be able to add rss feeds...not sure I don't really use them. The only thing is right now yahoo's bookmarks are down for maintenance for the next 2 months. Yahoo lets you add twitter and facebook feeds also. Don't forget http://www.google.com/ig either. It lets you add plug ins for remember the milk and all sorts of other stuff. I'm sure there are other portal pages that let you pull in content, bookmarks, and customize things. I hope this helps someone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 08/31/2011 at 10:13 AM.
    only fast and ghetto way i did all my bookmarks was to export my favorites from ie and email that htm file to yourself.

open and save the file and open it and you will have a bookmark of a entire list of bookmarks

works ok for me
    Is there any way to sync/backup bookmarks from the TP to a PC?