1.    #1  
    Hi, seems as if it is very easy to write multiple letters instead of only one as if I keep my finger on a letter. But in fact, I just tipp it and get at least 2 of the same letter once in a while. Is there a way to adjust the keyboard with regards to sensitivness?

does anyone experience the same problem?

Many thanks - Matthias
    Quote Originally Posted by matthias View Post
    Hi, seems as if it is very easy to write multiple letters instead of only one as if I keep my finger on a letter. But in fact, I just tipp it and get at least 2 of the same letter once in a while. Is there a way to adjust the keyboard with regards to sensitivness?

does anyone experience the same problem?

Many thanks - Matthias
    Increase touch sensitivity 10px patch
    remove tap ripple

I found those two patches did wonders for my keyboard. YMMV, there are several "touch sensitivity patches" that let you fiddle with this and dial it in.

Get preware, get patching. If you dont know how, start here:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html
    I like the keyboard. The true pain is in the autocorrector and trying to place the cursor where you want.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    The autocorrection is annoying because it is so slow. You don't know if the word is going to get replaced until well after you finish typing it. Also, is there a double space for period option?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    I like the keyboard. The true pain is in the autocorrector and trying to place the cursor where you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by cashmonee View Post
    The autocorrection is annoying because it is so slow. You don't know if the word is going to get replaced until well after you finish typing it.
    You can always turn auto-correction off by clicking on the settings icon labeled "text assist" if it gets annoying. Thats what I did
  6. SR1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    silly question but have you upgraded to 3.0.2? There is a keyboard improvement in the update
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    You can always turn auto-correction off by clicking on the settings icon labeled "text assist" if it gets annoying. Thats what I did
    I could, but as with any tablet, auto-correction is a necessity. The reason these virtual keyboards work at all is auto-correction.

Quote Originally Posted by sr/1 View Post
    silly question but have you upgraded to 3.0.2? There is a keyboard improvement in the update
    I am. It's still rather bad. Not unusable, but pretty bad.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    Turned off Auto correct it corrected correct spellings just as bad as the one on Iphone
    My only problem with the keyboard is the lack of cursor control. Any time I want to position the cursor I have to pinch-zoom in and do it while the letters are half an inch tall. Is there a more advanced method for the TouchPad?