Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gastr View Post
    oh I couldn't agree more! TapNote adds them above the keyboard and they are a godsend.
    Good to know! I've been irritated by the lack of arrow keys since I first got my Pre 2 - sorry, but the human finger is just not an accurate stylus! I wish Palm hadn't been so eager to "out art" the iPhone and removed every useful button from the face of the phone, and then this was compounded on the TP. A good smartphone would be the size of the Pre3, with a screen the size of the Pre 2, and a trackball/D-ring and shortcut buttons right below the screen - use the touchscreen for what it does best, just like on the Treo, but endlessly swiping to scroll and trying to minutely move a cursor with a fingertip are a PITA!

Back to the topic, though, the TP is sure handy at home when I'm in the rest of the house away from the PC; it's just too bad it only has wifi, because I can't use it anywhere that doesn't have a hotspot, which means I can't use it at work for e-mail or anything but the apps installed on it. Once the 'gleam' wears off in a few days, I imagine I'll be back to spending most of my time on the PC, but with the right apps and a wifi connection, the TP is a handy little digital partner ;-).
    I don't boot up my laptop any more. Haven't done it since I got my TP 4 days ago.
    It's a great complimentary item to my computer since I don't have space for a dual-monitor setup, I utilize the TP.

Also, combined with Box.net, it makes for an awesome travel companion ... I never take my laptop with me anymore.
    How has the TP affected my computer using habits?
    I spend all day and night scouring the net looking for a Touchpad 4G to buy, then I spend all of the next day and night hoping the order doesnt't get cancelled. When it does, I start all over again.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    k4ever, ananniia and tinnedfood like this.
    How has the TP affected my computer using habits?

I'll try a website first with the Touchpad, since it boots in an instant. Frequently have to go back to the laptop, many websites that require a Java enabled web browser.

When trying to select different pages in a long thread, miss the precision of an external mouse when using the Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I send alot more time on my ipad2 trying to figure out why my touchpad hasn't shippedn
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I spend way too much time on my pc trying to fix my brand new touchpad! :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by bverdon View Post
    I spend way too much time on my pc trying to fix my brand new touchpad! :-(
    Call HP's free 90 day Butler service. They should be able to help you fix your problems or send another one to you. Did I forget to mention that it is free?
    How has the TPad changed my pc usage? I have only used my pc 3 times in the 50 or so days that the TPad has been out. Twice was to print since I ironically switched to a Lexmark MFP to save on ink costs. At work I no longer take my laptop around the office and just use the TPad. TapNote is the whiz and with the dropbox sync,I basically draft my documents on in TapNote and then sync them to the desktop to pretty them up. It's awesome and my colleagues stopped bringing there iPads if I'm going to the meeting too. .
    Sukiyaki likes this.
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Thinking a bit more about it, I would use my touchpad more if the browser wasn't so half-baked. I was trying to read BBC sports last night and the the page will not load, it just refreshes (looking in the forum other people are experiencing the same). After I have posted here I will have to clear the cache simply to see my post. Often the sound just dies and needs a reboot to come back.

If basic issues like that would be fixed I would use it more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I was trying to read BBC sports last night and the the page will not load, it just refreshes (looking in the forum other people are experiencing the same).
    try to load it with flash disabled.
    Thinking a bit more about it, I would use my touchpad more if the browser wasn't so half-baked. I was trying to read BBC sports last night and the the page will not load, it just refreshes (looking in the forum other people are experiencing the same). After I have posted here I will have to clear the cache simply to see my post. Often the sound just dies and needs a reboot to come back.

If basic issues like that would be fixed I would use it more often.
    Err...if the site you are referring to is BBC SPORT, this site works just fine on the TPad. Was reading an article on the World Athletics Championship. Not sure why you can't see your posts here either. Are you using Advanced Browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by tinnedfood View Post
    Don'y worry, just seen there is thread just like this. Any mods feel free to delete (unless I can I just don't know how).

Sorry everyone!
    Yes I do a lot more web surfing in bed.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Err...if the site you are referring to is BBC SPORT, this site works just fine on the TPad. Was reading an article on the World Athletics Championship. Not sure why you can't see your posts here either. Are you using Advanced Browser?

It's a known issue posted by multiple users - the browser often presents a cached version of the page and you have to clear the cache to see the new ones.

Same with the BBC sport problem, I've seen a number of people report it - on some pages (but not all) they simply endlessly loop - Chalx's fix of turning off flash seems to fix it.
    It's a known issue posted by multiple users - the browser often presents a cached version of the page and you have to clear the cache to see the new ones.

Same with the BBC sport problem, I've seen a number of people report it - on some pages (but not all) they simply endlessly loop - Chalx's fix of turning off flash seems to fix it.
    I have the same problem with cached sites. You should just be able to refresh the page tho.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I have the same problem with cached sites. You should just be able to refresh the page tho.
    I find that sometimes it works and other times it doesn't and the only way is to clear the cache.

If there is no fix from HB, a patch to disable the cache might be the way forward...
    Ever since I had an iPhone and iPad, my home computing habits have been completely altered. And now with the HP TP, it's game over. I have a 2010 MacBook Pro at home that is just sitting there barely being used. I'm actually just going to sell it and purchase a Mac Mini and just connect that to my TV. Everything I do at home is now on the iPad and/or Touchpad. And with iOS coming out this fall, I don't even need to sync my iDevices with my computer. Everything will be over-the-air and all syncing can be done while I'm sleeping at night.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12