1.    #1  
    So far the only complaint I have with my Touchpad is how many swipes it takes to scroll through a web page. EDIT: Not necessarily the speed but I want it to scroll longer after your finger releases.

Example: Open any full thread on Precentral with no pinch/zooming (leave it at base autosize). With careful effort it takes me five full swipes just to get to the bottom of a page. If I'm not perfect in swiping, it can take as many as 7-10 swipes to scroll down.

I was hoping there was some setting (or perhaps a patch) that could improve this.
    Last edited by morydees; 08/28/2011 at 03:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    The page moves with your finger. You want it to move faster than your finger?

I suppose there could be a function where it scrolls to the bottom after 3 quick swipes or something... but that would probably end up being more annoying than having to scroll manually.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
    The page moves with your finger. You want it to move faster than your finger?

I suppose there could be a function where it scrolls to the bottom after 3 quick swipes or something... but that would probably end up being more annoying than having to scroll manually.
    Perhaps I wasn't clear. Swipe a page on your touchpad and you'll notice that as soon as you lift your finger off it continues to scroll for an additional second or two. It doesn't stop immediately, right?

Other tablets/touch devices I've used will detect the speed of your finger swipe and continue to scroll for many seconds/pages after your finger comes off. I was hoping we could do that too. Maybe I need a better word than "speed" to describe it?
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I see what you mean. I'd think things would become a bit unwieldy at an increased speed, but it seems like something that might be appropriate for for the patch section in preware.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
    I see what you mean. I'd think things would become a bit unwieldy at an increased speed, but it seems like something that might be appropriate for for the patch section in preware.
    Yeah, the speed going up might be a bad idea but the longer scroll time would be excellent especially for forum reading!