1.    #1  
    I keep getting a notification that one of the programs I have installed has an update available. The only problem is that the update causes the program to not work. Twice I have tried to install it only to realized it killed the previously working app.... then I have to uninstall it and reinstall.

So, obviously its a bad update. Any chance I can tell the Software to ignore announcing updates to this one app?
    what app is doing this?
    I would love this ability too. One of the sound machine apps I have (I think it's called Rockus Sound) constantly asks me to update but I don't want to. Was hoping I could turn off the upper right notification on the home screen.
  4.    #4  
    Cantaffordit, when you asked what app, I searched the homebrew apps to find a link to send you - because that is where I first saw it and downloaded it. Then it dawned on me that there could be an official app catalog release. So, I searched the official app catalog and sure enough there is a paid version there.

So, I had downloaded this free homebrew program:
    LoanCalc | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

But there is a new release that is a paid app ($1). And the software manager simply saw there was a newer version and offered to update. When it did, of course, I couldn't actually open the program. So, this is really more of a problem of a developer leaving an older version of a program in the homebrew catalog when the program has become an official paid app with no upgrade path.

However, I still can see where this would be a nice option
    Last edited by intron; 08/28/2011 at 02:25 AM.