1.    #1  
    So, one more new TP user here, with a quick question.

in getting ready to do all the tweaking, I read somewhere that the average battery draw was around 500-575ma.. In the first few hours with this system, I am seeing anywhere from 750-900+. I have tried a few different kernels (user, f15c, warthog), and am getting around the same with each. Brightness is around 50%..

So, is this the norm, or am I already doing something wrong (I have gone through all the tweak guides, and have the logging and junk off). Thanks!
    Well I'm looking at mine right now and I see -550ma. I would guess that stressing the touchpad would make the draw increase in value. That would also explain why my battery draw is low.
  3.    #3  
    I know that using it more will effect it, but right now it is just web browsing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine_Madcat View Post
    So, one more new TP user here, with a quick question.

in getting ready to do all the tweaking, I read somewhere that the average battery draw was around 500-575ma.. In the first few hours with this system, I am seeing anywhere from 750-900+. I have tried a few different kernels (user, f15c, warthog), and am getting around the same with each. Brightness is around 50%..

So, is this the norm, or am I already doing something wrong (I have gone through all the tweak guides, and have the logging and junk off). Thanks!
    Mine runs at about the same. Hits the high 900s when you first go into Govah then settles to idle at around 695. When the screen dims it goes down into the high 500s.

Would be interested in any battery saving tips that aren't the usual pedestrian stuff (eg dim the screen, turn off WiFi etc). Any Govnah settings that are tried and tested?)
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I don't know how people are getting ~500mA draw, mine seems to spend most of it's time between 750 and 1100. This is with the 1.5GHz overclock and the speed patches applied, screen at 50% etc.

I never checked the draw before I did the tweaks, so I don't know how much difference those made.
    It's your screen back-light... Make experiment, put it at say 10% and you will see.
  7.    #7  
    no doubt that 10% will take less, but that makes it soooo dim.. Do you really use it at that level??
    I get like 1300, 800 minimum.. Why am I using so much? 1.5ghz overclock and all the other preware tweaks installed, bit concerned because most of my battery drained in like 3 hours.. This was at like 25-30% brightness
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthes View Post
    I get like 1300, 800 minimum.. Why am I using so much? 1.5ghz overclock and all the other preware tweaks installed, bit concerned because most of my battery drained in like 3 hours.. This was at like 25-30% brightness
    Are you using the new F4 Kernel? Because draining most of your battery within a 3 hour period is FAST and since the new F4 kernel runs both cores at 100% that's the only thing I can think of. I run F15C-41 @ 1.5 with brightness set to 50% and I can still get at least 20 hours of decent usage.
    I just checked mine, OC 1.5. Its between 600-700 with brightness at 35-40%. My battery uses 15% per hour, roughly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazypinoy9 View Post
    Are you using the new F4 Kernel? Because draining most of your battery within a 3 hour period is FAST and since the new F4 kernel runs both cores at 100% that's the only thing I can think of. I run F15C-41 @ 1.5 with brightness set to 50% and I can still get at least 20 hours of decent usage.
    no, just put uber on it yesterday.. Don't think its always at 100% usage because I've seen it at 192mhz in govnah, if went from 100 to 30 in 3 hours and it spent a bit here and there attached to computer..the current must be because it was plugged in, went down to 700 when I unplugged
    also plugged in playing angry birds I'm at 41 degrees C, thats higher than I've seen posted anywhere. Most of the back is very warm too
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazypinoy9 View Post
    Wow.. 20 hours is great; better than what i got yesterday. From 7:30 in the morning (100%), i was able to use it off an on during the day (though, using it almost continuously in the afternoon/evening), finally charging it at 7% at 9:30PM). I am using the Warthog Kernel, Ondemand gov, 1.7 OC. On average, i am seeing its use go from low 600s to high 800s..