Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hi,

the patch works perfectly on my TouchPad, but my Pre3 refuses to install ...

ipkg log says

begin
    -
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    47 11100 47 5227 0 0 6088 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 7351
    100 11100 100 11100 0 0 12211 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 14566
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-make-it-so---de
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    -
    install-prerm
    -
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-make-it-so---de.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/de_de/strings.json.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-make-it-so---de from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-make-it-so---de.prerm)
    delete
    -
    failed
    -

Any ideas? Any known offending other patches?

Thx in advance!
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate
    Global Posts
    1,937 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sammcat00 View Post
    HI, I updated to 3.04 and I want to give my Touchpad to my daughter and change the Just Type line that I altered with Jasons patch from the first page. But I can't find where to uninstall it now. Did the update take it away?
    Anybody get ananswer for this? I'm doing a similar thing.

I had a custom message on my TP.

I'm giving it to my wife.

I did a Full Erase and now I can't edit the custom message for whatever my wife wants it to say.

Any idea how to remove the custom message or put it back to the stock Just Type message?
    Well this is a useful patch for when I get my TouchPad deliver (hopefully today or monday XD). Could you send me the sick background your using, I think it's downright sexy and gives the Nissan 350z (I'm not sure since I can't see the full resolution of the picture) a lot of justice.
    Best thing to do is email yourself the link that you have set up on your touchpad. Then open the file. If you open through internalz pro it will say uninstall. Do uninstall then Luna restart. Go back to your email that's setup on your touchpad with the link you downloaded. Reopen through internalz pro and change the "PUT YOU LABEL HERE" to whatever you want. Save changes then install. Luna restart and your finished!
    I had no problem prior to the update 3.04. Now I get a MIME error if I email to myself and open it. Before 3.02 it opened immediately with internalz pro. What is the MIME error? Thanks!
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    2.2.4 Version of Just Type - de Patch Not only changes searchbar text but also changes just Type Headlines like search&launch to the english ones
    Hi,

the patch works perfectly on my TouchPad, but my Pre3 refuses to install ...

ipkg log says

begin
    -
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    47 11100 47 5227 0 0 6088 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 7351
    100 11100 100 11100 0 0 12211 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 14566
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-make-it-so---de
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    -
    install-prerm
    -
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-make-it-so---de.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/de_de/strings.json.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-make-it-so---de from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-make-it-so---de.prerm)
    delete
    -
    failed
    -

Any ideas? Any known offending other patches?

Thx in advance!
    Seems you have already installed an other patch, which altered the file usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/de_de/strings.json

To make sure you are able to remove patches it is not allowed to patch a file twice, otherwise you could not save the backup of the file and can't remove the patch. So If you remove all other patches you should be able to install make it so - de. You could look in the directory usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/de_de there will be two files strings.ison and the backup file strings.json.webosinternal.orig or some thing. If this both exist any other patch already change the strings.json. For more detail you can contact me via email myusername @gmail.com (English or deutsch)

Best regards
    Erik

from my TouchPad using Communities
    2.2.4 Version of Just Type - de Patch Not only changes searchbar text but also changes just Type Headlines like search&launch to the english ones
    that is not intentional. I have to check where this side effect come from. Will need so time lets say Sunday evening.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Have changed to US English to see how i get on... Ill keep an eye out for an English (UK) version... hopefully I can get it working.

Included a screen grab!

Scooby
    Hi Scooby!

I changed the patch for German version. I can help you with the UK version. Will post a first version tomorrow evening. You can also contact me via email myusername @gmail.com

Best regards

Erik

from my TouchPad using Communities
    Ok guy,

I couldn't sleep with this issue in my patches. Make it so - DE and Just type - DE are updated and sent to Preware waiting for approval. Issue with additional English text elements in just type screen on German devices is fixed.
    Was a problem with patching .../luna-applauncher/localization/de_de/strings.json. Don't really know why this problem happened , but I was able to correct it.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    Here are the Patches for the UK Guys!

The TouchPad Patch is for webos 3.0.4
    The Pre3 Patch is for webos 2.2.4

I have tested them, so I guess they are working on your devices. All you have to do is to replace all instances of "PUT YOU LABEL HERE" (Pre3 2 times, TouchPad 4 times) with your custom text, save the file again and install it via internalz pro directly on your device (you can send it to your own email to get the file on your device) or via WebOS Quick Install.

Questions, remarks ... twitter: @DiplPhy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hi, I installed the patch and it works great on my Pre2, just wondering if I can edit it to something different or do I have to uninstall the patch and re-install with a new message.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danbailey007 View Post
    Hi, I installed the patch and it works great on my Pre2, just wondering if I can edit it to something different or do I have to uninstall the patch and re-install with a new message.

Thanks
    You have to edit the patch *before* you install it on your device. So just uninstall the patch, open the patch with a text editor of your choice (notepad would be enough) and change the text "PUT YOUR LABEL HERE" with your custom text. After changing the file you have to install the patch again on your device using WOSQI or Internalz Pro.

Changing the just type text directly is not possible, because you have to change stationary files on the device, witch can not be done on a running device using an app like tweaks or something.
    Because the Patch Update Approval of "make it so - DE" and "just type -DE" is still waiting, I post the updated patches here. I fixed the issue with additional english text elements in the just type screen (suggest instead of "vorschlagen" ...).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by DiplPhy View Post
    Because the Patch Update Approval of "make it so - DE" and "just type -DE" is still waiting, I post the updated patches here. I fixed the issue with additional english text elements in the just type screen (suggest instead of "vorschlagen" ...).
    Just updated over Preware to 2.2.4-29, worked great. thx for the cosmetic fix
    Is there a patch for webOS 3.0.5?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De_Zire71 View Post
    Is there a patch for webOS 3.0.5?
    I believe that all of these patches should work with webOS 3.0.5. Jason's original works just fine on mine.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I have been trying to get Wifi file sharing to work with not much success and decided to remove all the files it installed including the Optiware files. After my TP rebooted, which took an unusually long time, I restarted Preware and noticed many programs were missing. After going through AUMST safe/basic/full, Preware again listed the programs but still showed 2 patches as installed and when I tried to remove them, I got failure messages. After a lot of bugging frantid about the UberCalendar HD patch, I finally was able to remove it and reinstall. I have not been able to remove the Make It So patch however and here is the log file:

begin

Nothing Interesting.

failed

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-make-it-so.prerm 2>&1

Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/JustType.jsjsjs.$rej$

Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/appinfo.json.rej

*** FAILED ***

mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / failed: Device or resource busy

Can I just replace the files from the 305 doctor, similar process worked for UC HD, and overwrite these files and then remove the patch and reinstall?

Thanks for the help.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here's a bit of an easier option.

Download the .patch attached to this post (a modification of the the original "Make It So" patch to emphasize what to edit). Open it in whatever text editor you want and replace "PUT YOU LABEL HERE" with your custom label and save it.

Then just install the .patch via WOSQI or Internalz Pro.
    Where can one get an AUSMT version (current version in Preware) of this patch?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post

Can I just replace the files from the 305 doctor, similar process worked for UC HD, and overwrite these files and then remove the patch and reinstall?

Thanks for the help.
    This should be save! You can replace the files from the webOS doc!

This patch is AUSMT compatible by default, because it does not change any thing in the cryptofs folder.

best regards

Erik
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast