Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
    Great patch. Here is my homage to the first movie my wife and I ever saw together. Can you believe she is still with me?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    OMG! I've tried everything and nothing is working. What am I doing incorrectly?

1. Installed Internalz Pro via PreWare (noticed "older" written next to this patch in Preware)
    2. Downloaded Jason's modified "patch" for Make It So to my PC email
    3. BOTH PC as well as Touchpad email have Jason's modified "patch"

If I tap the modified "patch" link in the Touchpad email, it highlights and immediately installs on the Touchpad because Internalz Pro recognizes it. My "just type" line now says "PUT YOU LABEL HERE". How and where do I edit this patch to make changes BEFORE it installs?

Can anyone provide step by step help?

Thanks any and everyone!
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by breathlessTP View Post
    OMG! I've tried everything and nothing is working. What am I doing incorrectly?

1. Installed Internalz Pro via PreWare (noticed "older" written next to this patch in Preware)
    2. Downloaded Jason's modified "patch" for Make It So to my PC email
    3. BOTH PC as well as Touchpad email have Jason's modified "patch"

If I tap the modified "patch" link in the Touchpad email, it highlights and immediately installs on the Touchpad because Internalz Pro recognizes it. My "just type" line now says "PUT YOU LABEL HERE". How and where do I edit this patch to make changes BEFORE it installs?

Can anyone provide step by step help?

Thanks any and everyone!
    Uninstall the patch to back out the changes. Open the patch on your laptop or desktop in a text editor such as notepad or VI and replace "PUT YOUR LABEL HERE" with whatever message you want. Then email the attachment to yourself again and open on the touchpad.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Patch in preware doesn't work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Uninstall the patch to back out the changes. Open the patch on your laptop or desktop in a text editor such as notepad or VI and replace "PUT YOUR LABEL HERE" with whatever message you want. Then email the attachment to yourself again and open on the touchpad.
    Thank you, thank you and THANK YOU!!! It worked. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hi folks, been trying to get this patch working... doesnt seem to want to work though.

When I open the patch in text editor on the mac, there are 2 instances of the PUT YOU LABEL HERE"

Not entirely sure if I should replace both or some, keep within the " " or replace them too?

Any pointers would be appreciated.. using web os quickinstall with the touchpad connected... looks like it works but then restarts and still the same there..

Cheers, and Hello too!

*** EDIT... just realised it will be due to the US English thing... Im in the Uk so will be set as English...

Hope theres something sorted soonish!

Thanks anyway, great that theres such a good community out there for the touchpad

Scooby
    Last edited by scoobysnax; 10/02/2011 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Wrong "language"
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobysnax View Post
    Hi folks, been trying to get this patch working... doesnt seem to want to work though.

When I open the patch in text editor on the mac, there are 2 instances of the PUT YOU LABEL HERE"

Not entirely sure if I should replace both or some, keep within the " " or replace them too?

Any pointers would be appreciated.. using web os quickinstall with the touchpad connected... looks like it works but then restarts and still the same there..

Cheers, and Hello too!

*** EDIT... just realised it will be due to the US English thing... Im in the Uk so will be set as English...

Hope theres something sorted soonish!

Thanks anyway, great that theres such a good community out there for the touchpad

Scooby
    Look through this thread, people have figured out how to make it work in other languages...
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Look through this thread, people have figured out how to make it work in other languages...
    Cheers, had another look through the thread and not really 100% what to do, sorry if being a bit thick but am I to assume I have to change the language to US English for it to work?

Not really willing to do that is a pain in the *** having to correct all the words manually..

The other option I tried was the guy (sorry cant remember name... :-)) that edited the script to en/gb... I went through the script using text editor (mac) and replaced "make it so" ... emailed myself to internalz pro... didnt work though...

Any ideas what i might be doing wrong?

bear in mind im no expert, most Ive done is follow the instructions to o.clock and install patches etc...

Scooby
    Yeah.. perhaps it isn't very well explained.
    Certainly change both instances between the " and the "
    And I also decided that I could put up with US 'English'
    in favour of replacing 'Just Type' anyway!

I've got the 2001 'HAL' classic now: " I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."

OK! Orl Korrect
    Quote Originally Posted by hoyler30589 View Post
    ive finally managed to get on pc, here is my modded gb language script.

credit to original patch creater cos without his work this wouldnt be possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Yeah.. perhaps it isn't very well explained.
    Certainly change both instances between the " and the "
    And I also decided that I could put up with US 'English'
    in favour of replacing 'Just Type' anyway!

I've got the 2001 'HAL' classic now: " I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."

OK! Orl Korrect
    Yeh, saw your 2001 screen earlier, excellent :-)

Have quoted above from Hoyler30589, as was a workaround for en/gb, I assumed I could go in to that, change all instances of "make it so" to mine, (use the Force...) but tried that and didnt work.. also tried just installing it without making any changes and didnt work either...

Not really a big deal but want to complete my classic SW poster as screen background/desktop!

Might just go US eng to see if that works...
    Have changed to US English to see how i get on... Ill keep an eye out for an English (UK) version... hopefully I can get it working.

Included a screen grab!

Scooby
    Attached Images Attached Images
    akshunj likes this.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobysnax View Post
    Cheers, had another look through the thread and not really 100% what to do, sorry if being a bit thick but am I to assume I have to change the language to US English for it to work?

Not really willing to do that is a pain in the *** having to correct all the words manually..

The other option I tried was the guy (sorry cant remember name... :-)) that edited the script to en/gb... I went through the script using text editor (mac) and replaced "make it so" ... emailed myself to internalz pro... didnt work though...

Any ideas what i might be doing wrong?

bear in mind im no expert, most Ive done is follow the instructions to o.clock and install patches etc...

Scooby
    Sorry. I had a look through the thread myself and I was wrong. I thought the other languages issue was resolved. I noticed there is a patch in Preware to change the German version of "Just Type" to English. Perhaps send the developer a note asking what they did and they can point you in the right direction?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to work out what you language "tag" is I'm English (Australia) but does that mean "us" becomes "au" or something else?

I've tried "au" & "gb" but neither work at all. The "us" one show custom message but not on main screen, only once you click on Just Type.

Not sure how to figure it out. :/
    Last edited by brum; 10/05/2011 at 09:23 PM.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    couldn't this patch be tweaks enabled by variables, so we can put a simple txtfile on /internals/media/ with several lines :

JustTypeChange.txt
    Code:
    Just Type...
    Make it so... 
    Boom action time...
    In tweaks you could just select the one you like, or what would also be cool a daily randomly changed one - this would be like the quote of the day on webos
    Is there a way in the command string to edit the text size, I am one character short on my PRE...

This is the string.. any thoughts?

diff --git a/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/en/us/strings.json b/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/en/us/strings.json
    new file mode 100644
    index 0000000..abbb9c7
    --- /dev/null
    +++ b/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/en/us/strings.json
    @@ -0,0 +1,3 @@
    +{
    + "Just type...": "PUT YOU LABEL HERE"
    +}
    diff --git a/usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/en_us/strings.json b/usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/en_us/strings.json
    new file mode 100644
    index 0000000..abbb9c7
    --- /dev/null
    +++ b/usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/en_us/strings.json
    @@ -0,0 +1,3 @@
    +{
    + "Just type...": "Now for some real user power..."
    +}
    @tonyfastin: If you add some code to the layoutSettings.conf file you can change the width of the box.

I highly recommend using Jason's Unified Diff Creator on your computer and making this a patch instead of just overwriting the file.

Also, back up your layoutSettings.conf, and don't edit it with Internalz, or you might have trouble installing future patches.

This is what you add to the file, at the top of it, before the [DoneButton] section:

[Main]
    searchPillWidth=x

Replace x with a number, you'll probably need to play around with values to find the right one, which is why I recommend making it a patch, then you can easily install/uninstall it.

Also, for those with other language issues, have you tried changing the "en us" parts of the code to your respective language designation? If you look at those folders in Internalz, you can probably figure out which one is yours. Not sure if that will work, though, just a thought.

@gizmo21: Unfortunately the Just Type text isn't currently Tweakable because of the way it's loaded in, I asked the Tweaks devs about it.

I take no responsibility for any action anyone takes based upon my information, make sure to backup your files and always try to make a patch instead of overwriting files. Patch making with the Unified Diff Creator is extremely simple(don't have a link on hand, search the forums for it).
    Quote Originally Posted by dagani713 View Post
    @tonyfastin: If you add some code to the layoutSettings.conf file you can change the width of the box.

I highly recommend using Jason's Unified Diff Creator on your computer and making this a patch instead of just overwriting the file.

Also, back up your layoutSettings.conf, and don't edit it with Internalz, or you might have trouble installing future patches.

This is what you add to the file, at the top of it, before the [DoneButton] section:

[Main]
    searchPillWidth=x

Replace x with a number, you'll probably need to play around with values to find the right one, which is why I recommend making it a patch, then you can easily install/uninstall it.

Also, for those with other language issues, have you tried changing the "en us" parts of the code to your respective language designation? If you look at those folders in Internalz, you can probably figure out which one is yours. Not sure if that will work, though, just a thought.

@gizmo21: Unfortunately the Just Type text isn't currently Tweakable because of the way it's loaded in, I asked the Tweaks devs about it.

I take no responsibility for any action anyone takes based upon my information, make sure to backup your files and always try to make a patch instead of overwriting files. Patch making with the Unified Diff Creator is extremely simple(don't have a link on hand, search the forums for it).
    Thanks, I appreciate the help, I will try it. I should have been more specific, this is the string from an .ipk patch derived from the "make it so" patch. It installed and worked on my TP and I figured I would load it on the PRE+ and to see what happened. It worked, but I am one character short on the string so it gets cut off. Will try your suggestion.
    HI, I updated to 3.04 and I want to give my Touchpad to my daughter and change the Just Type line that I altered with Jasons patch from the first page. But I can't find where to uninstall it now. Did the update take it away?
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    couldn't this patch be tweaks enabled by variables, so we can put a simple txtfile on /internals/media/ with several lines :

JustTypeChange.txt
    Code:
    Just Type...
    Make it so... 
    Boom action time...
    In tweaks you could just select the one you like, or what would also be cool a daily randomly changed one - this would be like the quote of the day on webos
    I support this. May I add another example "By your command". For the Battlestar dorks like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here's a bit of an easier option.

Download the .patch attached to this post (a modification of the the original "Make It So" patch to emphasize what to edit). Open it in whatever text editor you want and replace "PUT YOU LABEL HERE" with your custom label and save it.

Then just install the .patch via WOSQI or Internalz Pro.
    Genius!!!

Is there a page where I can follow all your posts? Twitter? Facebook? Anywhere?
    Thank you for everything and keep it up!
    ajguns
    LONG WILL LIVE webOS!!!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast