Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
    Ok so now that Jason's patch did not work for me i tried the other manual way on Internalz pro and can can get as far as "/var/usr/lib/" but then i can't find ".webosinternals.patches/" file. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by no_balut_thanks View Post
    1. Download patch on PC
    2. Edit patch with a text editor (replace "put your label here" with your own personal comment)
    3. Go into preware and uninstall the "make it so" patch if you have it installed.
    4. Restart Luna.
    5. Start WOSQI (WebOS quick installer)
    6. Click on the "+" symbol. This will allow you to select the new patch that you made edits to.
    7. Install patch
    8. Device will restart
    9. New saying should be loaded.

m-
    thank you sir i really appreciate but no it dint work i did exactly what u said but no good luck thanks again
    Here's my screen capture..... Left my "Just Type" field blank (just put a space in) GO TERPS!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ive tried several ways to get this Patch to work (one even screwed up my TP display by shunting certain programs to the left!) and each time nothing changes has anyone in the UK got this to work? If so how? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leobloom View Post
    Ive tried several ways to get this Patch to work (one even screwed up my TP display by shunting certain programs to the left!) and each time nothing changes has anyone in the UK got this to work? If so how? Thanks
    I have but as previously mentioned the only way I could do it was to delete a file that seems to do an American to English translation. If you don't mind this side effect then it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikestra View Post
    Ok so I have a small problem with this patch (UK user)
    To get it working I created a backup and had to removed the file "/usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/en_gb/strings.json" but from what I can gather this file contains all the local translations eg. airplane = aeroplane, favorites = favourites.
    Now my problem is I can only seem to get the patch working or the local translations working and not both at the same time, ie - remove file and install patch or uninstall patch and copy the backup across.
    I've tried a few things to get both installed at the same time but I just can't do it . Is this actually possible? Or am I just being quite simple?
    Nope.. sorry I too am running out of patience trying to install this otherwise excellent 'patch'.

Had Preware - "Just Type.. 'Command.." installed.

Uninstalled it (it was only showing up 'Command' on screen after tapping 'Just Type..' anyway.. not showing on the front screen).
    Full restart.

Emailed J'sons patch to my Touchpad.. changed it.. saved and installed it via 'Internalz'... Luna restart.. Nothing... 'Just Type..' remains..

Uninstalled patch.. reinstalled patch.. restart luna.. "Just Type.." on front and all other screens.. Aarrghh!

Can someone please start me through this again.. I even crashed my Touchpad stuffing around in Internalz json_apps_files etc.. and had to 'Doctor' it.. PITA!

Am on 'en_us' in Aus.
    May I have to also alter/delete language files here to get this patch WORKING? Totally confusing!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/22/2011 at 11:27 AM.
    Thanks for all the work guys. I downloaded the patch file from jasons post. Opened it and changed the words as directed. Made sure the extension is still a patch file after I saved it. Never had the "make it so" patch, etc before so no need to uninstall that. I then opened WOSQI with TP connected to PC. Hit add button and loaded the patch in WOSQI. Then hit install and got the following error message: "ERROR: An error has occurred while attempting to apply custom-just-type-label.patch
    Unable to connect to WebOS-Internals' servers.
    Cannot download AUPT scripts for the patch."
    What does this mean? When I click on the globe it seems to connect fine. Also I noticed "just type comman" in patches added sep 20. Does that patch do this as well?
    Last edited by m1dwestrep; 09/22/2011 at 11:08 AM.
    I installed Make it So and then just updated the JSON file via internalz. A quick Luna restart and there it was.

...and now I have a fairly offensive message in that field
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    I installed 'Make it so...' and then just updated the JSON file via Internalz.. a quick luna start and nothing changes.. "Just Type"...!

Now I can not even UNinstall 'Make it so...' patch..

Something I'm missing here?

?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I installed 'Make it so...' and then just updated the JSON file via Internalz.. a quick luna start and nothing changes.. "Just Type"...!

Now I can not even UNinstall 'Make it so...' patch..

Something I'm missing here?

?
    You cannot uninstall it if you have updated the JSON file. Thus, it sounds like your update stuck...so you might want to look at the file and see if you made a typo - e.g., lost a double-quote

If that's not it:

• Try a full reboot, or
    • Restore the JSON file from a backup and try again...or just uninstall after you restore
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Thanks 'Scuba'.. you were correct.. restored!

I also changed Language (in 'Regional Settings') from Eng_Aus to Eng_US (you have to 'double-tap' on 'English' to retrieve all options.. which I was not previously doing!)
    Duh!..
    THIS is why it was previously never showing up.. and perhaps hard for the US Devs to get their heads around fact that there ARE other parts of the World that also speak 'English'?
    Touchpad automatically set itself to Eng_Aus when registering initially here. Can't see a file for this though.

Next.. how to restore Eng_Aus.. and run the Patch successfully?

PS. I now have "No WAY.." installed and showing!

Thanks again!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/22/2011 at 01:29 PM.
    It work fine with Eng_US .
    But when i change to German ( "Einfach lostippen..." ) , then nothing change
    I had to uninstall "make it so" from preware. Then I had no trouble with this patch. Took a little while to figure that out. Hope it helps someone.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    When I tried to install the patch it tells me the script stopped unexpectedly in th-e middle of a line?
    Thanks, changing the regional settings to EN_US on a german Veer was the trick!
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikestra View Post
    I have but as previously mentioned the only way I could do it was to delete a file that seems to do an American to English translation. If you don't mind this side effect then it should work.
    I tried to change the language and that was what caused certain programs like Preware and Internals to shift to the left of the screen in portrait mode.
    Here is the german localized version of the patch. You have to change all instances of 'MEIN TEXT' (without ' ') to your text in the Patch file, save file and install via Internalz Pro or WOSQI. If you want to change "Einfach lostippen..." to "Just type..." use the Patch in Preware (there is a little trick).

Have fun!

Hier ist die deutsche Version des Patches. Du musst alle Vorkommen von 'MEIN TEXT' (ohne ' ') durch deinen personalisierten Text ersetzen in der Patch Datei ersetzen, speichern und den Patch dann mit Internalz Pro oder WOSQI installieren. Wenn du "Einfach lostippen..." durch "Just type..." ersetzen willst nutze den Patch in Preware (da gibt es einen kleinen Trick damit das geht).

Viel Spaß damit!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks for the patch! Here's my custom message:
    Had to show off my screen and bar combo
    no_balut_thanks and gastr like this.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    thanks for the work on the patches, guys.

alas, i'm in the UK on en_gb and they don't seem to work for me. digging around in Internalz Pro i can't find any files with the "Just Type..." string in it.

anyone in the UK had any luck changing it (without disabling the american to english translations)?