Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
    For those having problems, if it's because you chose a program to open it, like word or notepad, it changes the extension to .txt or whatever on the pc. Once you edit and save it, you need to change it back to the original extension to import on the touchpad. If you email it to yourself and have internalz installed, it will automatically launch to install it. You can change the text there as well, preware or internalz will prompt you to save the changes before installing.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    My new setup...

Peep likes this.
    Ya know what'd be cool? Write a patch that changes the string from time to time (probably require a luna restart for the change to occur.) You could have the equivalent of linux fortunes though these would have to be really small ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by no_balut_thanks View Post
    My new setup...
    That's cool,
    i tried everything but still no luck may be im so dumb please anyone willing to help me step by step thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by bharuch7282 View Post
    i tried everything but still no luck may be im so dumb please anyone willing to help me step by step thanks in advance
    Can you list the steps you have done? That would help out in troubleshooting your issue.

m-
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here's a bit of an easier option.

Download the .patch attached to this post (a modification of the the original "Make It So" patch to emphasize what to edit). Open it in whatever text editor you want and replace "PUT YOU LABEL HERE" with your custom label and save it.

Then just install the .patch via WOSQI or Internalz Pro.

What do you do after you install it on the Touch Pad???
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacman1222 View Post
    What do you do after you install it on the Touch Pad???
    luna restart or simply device restart
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Mine says" Must have the Precious...."
    Thanks for this...I just put a space in and left the search bar blank....gives it a nice, clean look
    boomerunoz likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by no_balut_thanks View Post
    Can you list the steps you have done? That would help out in troubleshooting your issue.

m-
    ok i followed the first post but i could not find webosinternals.patches then i removed the patch make it so then i followed the jason posted send an email to myself open the attachment frm the inbox which it opens in internalz pro and now where do i change the custom words i changed "put you label here" changed to my words and installed the patch after saving it but when it restarts nothing changed
    (Open Internalz and navigate to /var/usr/lib/.webosinternals.patches/)
    ok i followed the first post but i could not find webosinternals.patches then i removed the patch make it so then i followed the jason posted send an email to myself open the attachment frm the inbox which it opens in internalz pro and now where do i change the custom words i changed "put you label here" changed to my words and installed the patch after saving it but when it restarts nothing changed
    (Open Internalz and navigate to /var/usr/lib/.webosinternals.patches/)
    did it gave you any errors or nothing happened? Its also hard to understand what you are asking, were you able to change words "put your label here" or not
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    did it gave you any errors or nothing happened? Its also hard to understand what you are asking, were you able to change words "put your label here" or not
    im sorry my english is poor thanks for the reply if anyone tell me step by step i will really appreciate. thanks a lot i m not that tech guy.
    Here is my screen shot:

Google Me This, Batman...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bobeer1315; 09/21/2011 at 03:27 PM.
    delacro likes this.
    I can't find the "put your label here" @ all. Where is it?
    im sorry my english is poor thanks for the reply if anyone tell me step by step i will really appreciate. thanks a lot i m not that tech guy.
    1. Download patch on PC
    2. Edit patch with a text editor (replace "put your label here" with your own personal comment)
    3. Go into preware and uninstall the "make it so" patch if you have it installed.
    4. Restart Luna.
    5. Start WOSQI (WebOS quick installer)
    6. Click on the "+" symbol. This will allow you to select the new patch that you made edits to.
    7. Install patch
    8. Device will restart
    9. New saying should be loaded.

m-
    Peep likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bamkjm View Post
    I can't find the "put your label here" @ all. Where is it?

I opened the patch file with the app TextPad. I then replaced 'put your label here' with my own label.
    Last edited by no_balut_thanks; 09/21/2011 at 04:07 PM.
    Ok so I have a small problem with this patch (UK user)
    To get it working I created a backup and had to removed the file "/usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/en_gb/strings.json" but from what I can gather this file contains all the local translations eg. airplane = aeroplane, favorites = favourites.
    Now my problem is I can only seem to get the patch working or the local translations working and not both at the same time, ie - remove file and install patch or uninstall patch and copy the backup across.
    I've tried a few things to get both installed at the same time but I just can't do it . Is this actually possible? Or am I just being quite simple?
    I'm actually using Internalz Pro i am one step away from installing the patch just can't find where to edit patch
    Quote Originally Posted by bamkjm View Post
    I'm actually using Internalz Pro i am one step away from installing the patch just can't find where to edit patch
    Just click on the patch for a 2 second count. You will see a pop up that says "Edit".

m-