Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
    Being able to change it with tweaks or under just type preference would be an amazing addition to this cool patch
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Success! Thank you all!
    Maybe I'm ***** but the op's method is much easier since you can do it all on the touchpad. Having to edit on my computer and then plug the touchpad in everytime I want to make a change seems much more tedious to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here's a bit of an easier option.

Download the .patch attached to this post (a modification of the the original "Make It So" patch to emphasize what to edit). Open it in whatever text editor you want and replace "PUT YOU LABEL HERE" with your custom label and save it.

Then just install the .patch via WOSQI or Internalz Pro.
    how can this be installed sans computer. I tried downloading and the forums give me a html tried loading from preware through the installer and it just spins it's wheels....please help
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    how can this be installed sans computer. I tried downloading and the forums give me a html tried loading from preware through the installer and it just spins it's wheels....please help
    I had some problems figuring this out as well. Initially tried to download from the forum. Then I clicked on the link to email it then saved the attachment from there. When I tried to download directly from the forum the file LOOKED fine but seemed to be in unicode or something not text so the installer would choke on it saying only garbage found. One clue I noticed to this is when I was editing the "garbage" version of the file in Internalz Pro to put in my custom message I had to press delete twice to delete each character. This seemed odd and in fact once I got the file in true text format that symptom went away.
    Used Jasons method, works great, dont use the command or make it so patch use the place your label patch for easier input
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Used Jasons method, works great, dont use the command or make it so patch use the place your label patch for easier input
    Actually so did I but failed to mention it. Just that I had to do the email then save from email before I could get a good copy of the patch to edit. Thanks Jason.
    Thanks!
    Just tried to install this patch after seeing the article asking what users had changed their "Just type..." to. For some reason the Make it so patch didn't show installed in Preware for me, but it was and had already created a strings.json file in 2 directories. I had to delete those 2 instances of the files usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/en/us/strings.json and usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/en_us/strings.json and then the new patch installed fine. Your folders may vary slightly for different language installations.
    Last edited by rjsanders; 09/21/2011 at 12:42 AM. Reason: typo
    I mailed it to myself on the touchpad and did not even have to use the text editor. Thanks for making the patch!
    Last edited by D0lphin; 09/21/2011 at 04:27 AM. Reason: wrong info
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Can someon Help me how to Change the Patch for German Language ??

Thx a lot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D0lphin View Post
    I mailed it to myself on the touchpad and did not even have to use the text editor. Thanks for making the patch!
    Can you explain what you did exactly please. I must be the only person who can't figure this out. I've tried to follow the steps but no luck. After I changed it to what I wanted to say, it said it could not install the patch due to error.
    I tried to convert for german useres by my own. Just tried to change the german "Einfach lostippen..." to "Just Type...". Here is the code

diff --git a/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/de_de/strings.json b/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/de_de/strings.json
    new file mode 100644
    index 0000000..abbb9c7
    --- /dev/null
    +++ b/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/de_de/strings.json
    @@ -0,0 +1,3 @@
    +{
    + "Einfach lostippen...": "Just Type..."
    +}
    diff --git a/usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/de_de/strings.json b/usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/de_de/strings.json
    new file mode 100644
    index 0000000..abbb9c7
    --- /dev/null
    +++ b/usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/de_de/strings.json
    @@ -0,0 +1,3 @@
    +{
    + "Einfach lostippen...": "Just Type..."
    +}
    When i try to install via Quick install I got the error message listed below (with master mode off).

Seems the patch tried to overwite the existing strings.json for sysmsg. On the Luna Applauncher Path is no strings.json. Shouldn't it simply replace the "Einfach lostippen..." with "Just Type..." by not replacing the whole file?

Any Idea whats wrong?
    Well I installed the patch. Restarted Luna but nothing has changed. I could never get Make It So to work either.....

any ideas anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by myPad5 View Post
    Can you explain what you did exactly please. I must be the only person who can't figure this out. I've tried to follow the steps but no luck. After I changed it to what I wanted to say, it said it could not install the patch due to error.
    It was a fit of rage. I could not figure it out either. I used my yahoo address account attached to the touchpad. I emailed the link instead of downloading. Once opened it had the the instructions in the previous threads where I just put what I wanted in the quotations that were indicated. Installed and that was that.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    boomerunoz likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by D0lphin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by myPad5 View Post
    If you email it to yourself and open it right from email should load directly into internalz pro. Guessing that's what he meant but I wanted to save a copy personally.
    Finally got it to work....i had to click the email attachment and then it opened the correct patch...edited it...saved and installed then did a luna restart and wala
    Just thought I'd post a screenshot...I just changed it to this to see if it worked and it did now I'm trying to think of something really awesome to put there lol
    FYI - Jason's patch in post #5 also works on WebOS 2.1 folks.

brum likes this.
    yeah I got it! German localized patch works on my TP. Will Post Code tomorrow when back on PC not on Pre3.