Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here's a bit of an easier option.

Download the .patch attached to this post (a modification of the the original "Make It So" patch to emphasize what to edit). Open it in whatever text editor you want and replace "PUT YOU LABEL HERE" with your custom label and save it.

Then just install the .patch via WOSQI or Internalz Pro.
    Not very creative, I know, but "Universal Search:" is back!

Thanks, Jason!

P.S. For anyone as dumb as me, the place you find Jason's patch after download in Internalz Pro is "media/internal/downloads"--took me a while to figure that one out!
    Love patches like this that enable me to add a personal touch to my devices. Thanks Alot

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    This kind of patch cannot be modified into Tweaks. Not happening...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Is your language set to US english?
    it does work when set to us english. I've modded the patch to en_gb and it installed but still doesn't work can anyone help with modding this patch to en_gb or other languages
    What exactly does the Make it so patch do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
    What exactly does the Make it so patch do?
    replaces the "just type" in the search bar with "make it so"
    Quote Originally Posted by justanothaguy View Post
    replaces the "just type" in the search bar with "make it so"
    Ok I just wanted to make sure it didn't do anything else other than that.
    Sorry, I don't mean to sound dense but I can't make this patch so...
    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting and everything and it still just says "Just type..."

This is fantastic!!!

I did mine manually using Internalz Pro and following akshunj pointers. Easy way for me was to copy and paste the original mojo-make-it-so.patch after unhiding hidden files and then pasting it to the Media/Internal folder, Edit local or offline, and finally removing the original Make It So Patch by uninstalling via Preware and then use Internalz Pro to reinstall my updated version.

Here's my change: "In His Name..."

Thanks for the help and instructions! Sorli...
    akshunj and brum like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoyler30589 View Post
    it does work when set to us english. I've modded the patch to en_gb and it installed but still doesn't work can anyone help with modding this patch to en_gb or other languages
    i have succesfully managed to mod to gb language. I will post as soon as I get my pc out as can't post from touchpad.

but basically I changed the lines where it had /en/us to /en/gb then the other lines that were /en_us to /en_gb in internalz then installed it.
    akshunj likes this.
    i have succesfully managed to mod to gb language. I will post as soon as I get my pc out as can't post from touchpad.

but basically I changed the lines where it had /en/us to /en/gb then the other lines that were /en_us to /en_gb in internalz then installed it.
    Doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm getting an error message when trying to install the modified patch. Error is:

The next patch would create the file /usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/en_gb/strings.json which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/pal/sysmgr/localization/en_gb/strings.json.rej

Anybody got any ideas?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Temporarily changed to English - United States until I can mod it without an error. Worked fine once language was changed.

Was feeling philosophical today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    akshunj likes this.
    Is there a limit to the number of characters that can be used?

Edit... I just opened the patch in notepad, but I didn't take note of the file type. When I save it, should it still be saving it as a notepad file? I think I messed up....

Never mind I removed the windows file association, I think I'm ok now...

For those still having problems, I had given preware and internalz permission to handle the file types they requested, so I was just able to email it to myself and download in the mail app and internalz launched automatically and asked to install it. I even modified it by adding the ... and it prompted me to save before installing... Homebrew rocks...I can't donate for another two weeks and it wont be much, but you guys aren't forgotten...

Ha...How ya like me now?? I just need a better wall paper...worthy of royalty!
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 08/29/2011 at 06:19 PM.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    akshunj likes this.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Man....they need to make an app to make it easier to upload to a website like Flickr or photobucket.

Thanks though Jason!!

hi sorry I haven't posted file but no pc, I'll paste code here see if you ca see where you gone wrong.

diff --git a/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/JustType.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$app$/$JustType$.$js$
    index 9d37992..07d23df 100644
    --- a/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/JustType.jsjsjs
    +++ b/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/JustType.jsjsjs
    @@ -7,7 +7,7 @@ enyo.kind({
    components:[
    {
    kind: "RichText",
    - hint:$L("Just type..."),
    + hint:$L("Make it so..."),
    name: "searchField",
    richContent:false,
    autoCapitalize:"lowercase",
    diff --git a/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/appinfo.json b/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/appinfo.json
    index a7746ae..1460166 100644
    --- a/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/appinfo.json
    +++ b/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/appinfo.json
    @@ -1,6 +1,6 @@
    {
    "title": "Launcher",
    - "appmenu": "Just Type",
    + "appmenu": "Make It So",
    "type": "web",
    "main": "index.html",
    "id": "com.palm.launcher",
    diff --git a/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/en/gb/strings.json b/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/en/gb/strings.json
    new file mode 100644
    index 0000000..3f11062
    --- /dev/null
    +++ b/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/en/gb/strings.json
    @@ -0,0 +1,4 @@
    +{
    + "Just Type": "Make It So",
    + "Just type...": "Make it so..."
    +}
    diff --git a/usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/en_gb/strings.json b/usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/en_gb/strings.json
    new file mode 100644
    index 0000000..abbb9c7
    --- /dev/null
    +++ b/usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/en_gb/strings.json
    @@ -0,0 +1,3 @@
    +{
    + "Just type...": "Make it so..."
    +}

ive finally managed to get on pc, here is my modded gb language script.

credit to original patch creater cos without his work this wouldnt be possible.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    akshunj likes this.
    I've tried and tried and tried but the best I can get is for my custom message to come up when I press on "Just Type..."

My language is set to Canadian English, so I've changed all the en/us and en_us to en/can and en_can
    its not en/can its en/ca and en_ca, try that
    its not en/can its en/ca and en_ca, try that
    Nope, I'm getting this error now:
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    Doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm getting an error message when trying to install the modified patch. Error is:

The next patch would create the file /usr/palm/sysmgr/localization/en_gb/strings.json which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/pal/sysmgr/localization/en_gb/strings.json.rej

Anybody got any ideas?
    ...but instead of en_gb, I'm getting en_ca
    this is just so nice
    akshunj likes this.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast